Janitor / Cleaner / Custodian
- Melbourne, FL, USA
We are currently seeking Cleaning Technicians I. If you are looking for supplemental income, this may be the right position for you.
We are always looking for awesome people to join our team! At Progressive Cleaning, you will work alongside the most talented cleaning professional as we deliver commercial cleaning services that create the cleanest and healthiest environments for our client’s facilities. Receive hands-on experience and training while working in a fast-paced environment and providing exceptional customer service. If you share the following philosophies and values, then we are looking for you.
- Accountability. We hold ourselves and each other accountable.
- Honest Communication. We practice honest communication and lead with transparency.
- Proactive. We are actively engaged, not passively observing.
- Have Fun, Work Hard. We’re passionate about the work we do, while having fun doing it.
- Continuous Improvement. We take every opportunity to learn and grow.
- Clean and maintain janitor/storage closet and company vehicles in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain all equipment and supplies so they are clean and in a safe and operable condition.
- Ensure proper labeling on all cleaning chemical containers.
- Ensure proper dilution ratios of cleaning chemicals.
- Order cleaning supplies and/or restroom and breakroom supplies as required.
- Sweep entryway inside and out, dust and remove cobwebs, remove fingerprints and soil from doors and glass, vacuum mats, mop floors.
- Clean all public areas including lobby, reception area, elevators and stairwells.
- Straighten furniture – push chairs into desks and conference room tables, straighten chairs and magazines in lobbies.
- Empty all trash cans, replace liners and clean receptacles as needed.
- Dust horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Clean table tops, counter tops, sinks, microwaves and refrigerators in break rooms.
- Clean counter tops, sinks and drinking fountains in coffee center areas.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, restock supplies.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop all floor surfaces.
- Clean up spills on floors and carpets as necessary (except blood spills – only trained personnel are required to clean blood spills).
- Greet people working in the office in a polite, respectful and helpful manner to ensure positive relationships.
- Screen and route requests to supervisor if necessary, provide timely and accurate customer service support.
- Perform other duties as requested or required by management.
EXPERIENCE | EDUCATION:
- Experience as a cleaning technician can be helpful but is not necessary.
- Education requirement: High School diploma or equivalent.
- The position may require the employee to travel to more than one client location.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Able to communicate in English.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Reliable own working vehicle with valid auto insurance.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have smart cell phone with email, data, and GPS location available at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS | WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 30 lbs. as necessary.
- Moderate physical activities, which may include pulling, pushing, lifting, reaching, bending and repetitive movements.
- Able to stand, bend and kneel to perform cleaning duties for 8 hours or more
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency with cleaning equipment.
- Use of cleaning products, which require the use of protective gloves and eyewear.
- Safety is of the utmost importance. Cleaning Technicians must work in a way that complies with all safety regulations required by Progressive Cleaning and OSHA.
- The job involves the ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and to recommend and/or implement solutions.
- The ability to listen and communicate clearly and to maintain positive interpersonal and cooperative relationships with co-workers, clients and management.
- The ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and accurately follow through on work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines as well as to work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm, maintain a sense of humor and to regularly present a well-groomed, professional image.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.