Director of Surgical Services (DON- OR)
- Odessa, TX
We are a SAM-Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise that specializes in the placement of qualified and passionate medical personnel in private and public practice settings throughout the United
States. Our clients range from individual privately for profit/not-for-profit hospitals to medical facilities at U. S. Department of Defense installations.
This facility is a non-profit healthcare organization.
In addition, Progeny Human Resource Solutions is a proud supporter of our Nation's Veterans and has made a dedicated effort to help the men and women of our nation's military to transition from their military career to civilian career opportunities.
Director of Surgical Services
Director of Surgical Services candidates will have the following job responsibilities:
- Directs, supervises, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates nursing and operational activities within surgical services sections to provide quality patient care and competent nursing staff.
- Provides oversight and leadership within assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities.
- Plans and implements systems that accomplish work objectives and fulfill the mission and goals efficiently and effectively.
- Plans and allocates resources to effectively staff department and accomplish productivity and quality goals.
- Plans, evaluates, and improves the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Formulates business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department. Reviews performance data that includes quality, satisfaction, engagement, and financial reports.
- Monitors and measures productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Participates in the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the area of responsibility.
- Prepares periodic reports for management to track goal accomplishment.
- Leads colleagues using performance management and development process.
- Oversees business operations of the affiliate and exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Evaluates performance and professional development of staff.
- Supervisory authority includes authority to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, responsibly direct or adjust grievances.
Director of Surgical Services
Director of Surgical Services candidates must meet the following minimum job qualifications:
- Candidates must have successfully completed an accredited nursing program with a BSN.
- MSN preferred.
- ACLS and BLS certifications preferred.
- CNOR certification preferred, and must be obtained within one (1) year from the date-of-hire.
- Minimum experience of 5-7 years in an OR environment.
- Must have 5-7 years experience in progressive management experience.
- Must have an RN license in the State of Texas, COMPACT nursing state, or have the ability to obtain one.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Using companies such as Progeny Human Resource Solutions as your advocate enables you, the applicant, to put your resume to the front of the line for consideration by the Human Resources Department (rather than hope that your resume had the right wording so that it is flagged as a possible match to the position you have applied for).
We strive to review every resume and make contact with every applicant to ascertain their qualifications and how best to market their abilities to the employer as well as to see if there are other matches that you may find of interest with other facilities in other areas (or even other states).
As is the case with any organization that specializes in finding exceptional talent for their clients, we cannot represent any candidate with a facility that the candidate has been working with, applied directly to, had other agencies represent, or who is currently an employee of the organization that they are applying to.