Mobile Engineering Intern (fully-remote work)
- 825 NE 13th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Progentec is a biotech company that combines cutting-edge laboratory testing and digital technologies to dramatically improve health outcomes and quality of life for people battling autoimmune conditions, including lupus (SLE) and multiple sclerosis (MS). We are a fast-growing start-up venture backed by some of the top investors in health and led by industry thought leaders.
Our digital team designs and develops clinically validated disease management platforms as well as patient empowerment platforms that include community engagement, accurate health information, and smartphone apps. Over 50,000 people living with autoimmune conditions turn to us for support each month.
Progentec is looking for a Mobile Engineering Intern who wants to leverage their skills and knowledge to deliver software that will empower patients battling serious health conditions and dramatically improve their wellbeing. We’re seeking a talented and passionate Mobile Engineering Intern to help drive the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of current and new apps. Our current apps are used by thousands of patients and our roadmap includes industry-defining products, so you will immediately have the opportunity to impact patient lives, our business, and the digital health industry.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
· Work with our small, cohesive development team to maintain and improve our current mobile app
· Collaborate with our product team to quickly iterate on prototypes and prioritize features
· Ensure software quality via code reviews
Basic Qualifications Required:
· Current enrollment in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or directly related field
· Knowledge of iOS and/or Android application programming
· Knowledge of Swift or/and Kotlin
· Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, troubleshooting, and system design
Bonus Points for:
· Knowledge of mobile design patterns like MVVM, MVC, and VIPER
· Knowledge of REST/JSON APIs
The ideal candidate:
· Has the basic qualifications
· Has excellent communication skills and can work directly with leadership, technical, and medical personnel.
· Is a quick learner that is passionate about start-ups, technology, and product development
· Has a strong work ethic and ability to execute multiple tasks with high attention to detail
· Has exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Has a strong ability to work with others and to meet tight/multiple deadlines
· Has demonstrated ability to use applicable business software including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Access)
Required: Presently enrolled in an accredited college or university for a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or directly related field and approved by the institution for internship program
Work authorization: United States (Required). Hiring is contingent upon a satisfactory Background Check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.