- 825 NE 13th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Progentec is a biotech company that uses cutting-edge laboratory testing and digital technologies to improve health outcomes for people living with autoimmune conditions, including lupus (SLE) and multiple sclerosis (MS). In addition to all-in-one health management solutions, Progentec offers a collection of free tools for people looking for community engagement, accurate health information, and smartphone apps. Over 50,000 people living with autoimmune conditions turn to us for support each month.
Progentec is looking for a Data Scientist with experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning to help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, clinical study design and statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. As a data scientist you will work with enterprise leaders and key decision makers to solve problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations to optimize results. You will use a variety of data, analytics, AI tools, and programming languages. Attention to detail, accuracy, initiative, excellent written and oral communication skills, and scientific curiosity are essential, as is the ability to juggle several complex projects simultaneously.
· Statistical Analysis and Application
o Analyze various datasets including biologic markers, digital markers, clinical data, medical history, demographics, and other datasets that the organization may have in the course of its various projects
o Combine/merge datasets that are acquired from different sources and conceptualize and plan appropriate statistical data analyses
o Perform cross-sectional as well as longitudinal analyses using a variety of statistical methodology including generalized linear models, multiple linear regression, and mixed effects models
o Select data samples, prepare questionnaires and surveys, and conduct logic checks to maintain data quality
o Use existing statistical software and a variety of established statistical methods to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for research studies
o Map data flow plan including data capture, storage, transfer, management, quality, and preparation for analysis (may include data from EDCs, EHR, mobile apps, etc.)
o Format data, prepare reports, charts, tables, and other related documents and graphics and interpret, summarize, and communicate results in writing and presentations as required
o Synthesize results and apply towards development of organization’s current and future product portfolio
· Study Design and Planning
o Contribute to study development and planning, especially as related to study design, sampling, sample size and power, and selecting appropriate biostatistical methods
o Formulate research designs and suggest ways to improve designs by identifying potential problems, recommending, and implementing solutions
o Assist in the development of new ideas for statistical analysis methods and implementation in software such as SAS, STATA, and R
o Assist in project planning and management of various studies
· Grant Application Development
o Lead the Grant application process by preparing the research plan and associated statistical contributions as required for the research plan including leading the drafting of research aims, background, methods, etc.
o Independently review articles, synthesize the literature, and use to assist in the development of manuscripts or grant proposals
o Work together with the PI and other management staff through various stages of the Grant submission process
o Assist with preparing research papers, abstracts, and presentations as may be required by the organization from time to time
o Perform various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position and as may be assigned by the organization
Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline (Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Data Science, Biomedical Engineering, Statistics/Biostatistics)
· Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to a range of biological, clinical and digital data sets
· Demonstrated experience of analytical work applicable to product development
· Advanced knowledge and application of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights
· Advanced knowledge and experience with working on relevant commercial and open-source software such as SAS (Base, Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide, Visual Analytics, Visual Statistics, or Viya), SPSS, R, Tableau, MS Excel, Python, etc.
· Demonstrated experience in developing predictive models and utilizing machine learning, artificial intelligence and support vector machines /data science techniques such as Hierarchical Clustering, Regression, Artificial Neural Networks (Deep Learning Algorithms/Feedforward Deep Neural Networks), Decision Trees, Random Forest, Naive Bayes, Bayesian hierarchical modeling, Elastic Net Regularization, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and accurately present methodology and statistical results to various technical and non-technical audiences
· Expertise in MS Office suite of products including Excel and PowerPoint, Qualtrics and Redcap, Google docs
· Proactive problem-solving skills, ability to work independently as well as be a contributing team player, and ability to take appropriate autonomous initiative to carry out study-related functions
· Excellent time management and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Outstanding ethical integrity and strong commitment to confidentiality in dealing with scientific data and results
Preferred - PhD with at least two years of work experience managing and executing data analytics projects in academic, non-profit, or for-profit organizations
Will accept a Master’s degree plus at least four years of equivalent experience required
● Immunology and/or clinical rheumatology experience a plus
● Experience in similar role in a biotech company
● Experience working with Healthcare data and terminology, clinical research, and electronic health record systems
Job type: This is a contract-to-hire position (40 hrs./week) with strong likelihood of conversion to full-time employee status for the ideal candidate. Hiring is contingent upon a satisfactory Background Check. Must be eligible to work in the US.
Interested applicants must provide the following (mention in Resume or provide by way of a Cover Letter):
● Desired / Minimum Salary details
● Contact details (First Name and Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Relationship to self) of at least 2 references whom we may contact if required