- 1342 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
Progentec is a digital health company that combines cutting-edge laboratory testing and digital technologies to dramatically improve health outcomes and quality of life for people battling autoimmune conditions, including lupus (SLE) and multiple sclerosis (MS).
Our digital team designs and develops clinically validated disease management platforms as well as patient empowerment platforms that include community engagement, accurate health information, and smartphone apps. Over 50,000 people living with autoimmune conditions turn to us for support each month.
We’re a venture-backed startup working with the world’s leading institutions to build technology that will transform how the most challenging health conditions are managed. Come join us!
Progentec’s digital team in Washington, DC is looking for engineers who want to leverage their skills and expertise to deliver software that will empower patients battling serious health conditions and dramatically improve their wellbeing. Progentec is a fast-growing biotech / digital health start-up venture backed by some of the top investors in health and led by industry thought leaders.
We’re seeking a talented and passionate Backend Developer to help drive the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of current and new web and mobile apps. Our current apps are used by thousands of patients and our roadmap includes industry-defining products, so you will immediately have the opportunity to impact patient lives, our business, and the digital health industry.
· Work with our small, cohesive development team to maintain and improve the backend for our current mobile and web apps
· Lead development of the backend for the new mobile and web apps we have on our roadmap
· Collaborate with our product team to quickly iterate on prototypes and prioritize features
· Ensure software quality via code reviews
· Optimize deployments and deployment strategy
· Coordinate releases and manage versioning and upgrades
· Drive data-driven decisions using analytics and error reporting
The Ideal Candidate
· Has excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and can work directly with leadership, technical, and management personnel.
· Is a quick learner that is passionate about start-ups, technology, and product development
· Is driven to improve healthcare
· Has a strong work ethic and ability to execute multiple tasks with high attention to detail
· Has exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Has a strong ability to work with others and to meet tight/multiple deadlines
Work authorization: United States (Required). We are unable to sponsor visas for this position at this time. Hiring is contingent upon a satisfactory Background Check.
Interested applicants must provide the following (mention in Resume or provide by way of a Cover Letter):
- Link to app you have worked on
- Link to GitHub
- Desired / Minimum Salary details
- Please provide contact details (First Name and Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Relationship to self) of at least two references whom we may contact if required
Over 2 years and above experience building a production-level APIs
· RDBMS (Postgres)
· REST/Web Service APIs
· Appreciation for commenting and documentation
· Focus on code structure and modularization
· Debugging Skills
· EMR / EHR Integration
· Twilio integrations
· HIPAA / HITRUST
Data Science / ML