Stoic Software Engineer in Quality Assurance
- Rokin 75, 1012 KL Amsterdam, Netherlands
ProctorExam is a fast-growing technology company based in Amsterdam.
To date, our platform has connected hundred of thousands of test takers, spread out across more than 170 countries, to take an exam remotely, whether it is to complete a university semester, take a language test, start driving a drone or validate a medical certification.From our beginnings in 2014, the candidate experience has been at the center of our operations, introducing the first mobile experience to facilitate security verifications, and as importantly, designing a solution with privacy at its core. Today, millions of minutes are spent on our platform each month.
WORKING WITH US
You will join our growing technical department and you’ll help shape and develop a more mature team. You'll be surrounded by talented professionals. Some are passionate about honing their craft and applying it to delivering world-class experiences. Others are equally passionate about developing high performing teams in tandem with deliverables. Both are critical. We wear many hats and roll up our sleeves. We collaborate and help each other. We do what needs to get done to deliver on our commitments and deliver amazing products to our customers and users.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand all features and how to best integrate testing workflows.
- Help product managers identifying and setting requirements for all possible user flows, including the ability to translate SLA requirements into technical requirements that can be tested.
- Contributing to the architectural designs made by the team, ensuring they take into account testing requirements.
- Help implement the CI/CD/CD pipeline.
- Complement the whole team, as well as the development team, to improve bug management and bug visibility
- Operate in an Agile development environment while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
YOU MUST HAVE (STRIVE FOR)
- Wisdom - enough to understand what is better and why
- Moderation - enough to know how to incrementally improve
- Justice - enough to be unbiased in judgment
- Courage - enough to keep your wits around you when things go the wrong way
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban,...)
- Experience with web application quality assurance
- Experience with test automation planning, setup and reporting
- Some experience with load testing planning, execution and reporting
- Some experience with CI/CD/CD processes and tools
- Some experience with containerised applications and distributed systems
- An innovative mindset, with the capability to think outside-of-the-box
- A pragmatic mindset, with the ability of quickly applying out-of-the-box solutions
- Understanding of the difference between out-of-the-box and outside-of-the-box
- Understanding in industry best practices in quality management
- Ability to work well in a team, willingness to help others, to give and receive feedback and compromise when needed
- Strong analytical capacity
- Excellent communications skills
- Eligible to work in the EU, in Amsterdam (not remote) or willingness to relocate
IN YOUR APPLICATION COVER LETTER YOU MUST EXPLICITLY
- Share an event where you believe your stoicism was proved
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Working at ProctorExam means working in a dynamic, yet flexible and supportive environment, with a team who truly believes in collaboration and multiculturality. If you are an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to make a difference and see the impact of your actions, contact us today! Do you feel like getting to know us better and would you like to have a (virtual) coffee with us?
We are looking forward to receiving your application!