Senior Software Engineer – Backend/Fullstack
- Rokin 75, 1012 KL Amsterdam, Netherlands
ProctorExam is a fast-growing technology company based in Amsterdam.
To date, our platform has connected hundred of thousands of test takers, spread out across more than 170 countries, to take an exam remotely, whether it is to complete a university semester, take a language test, start driving a drone or validate a medical certification.From our beginnings in 2014, the candidate experience has been at the center of our operations, introducing the first mobile experience to facilitate security verifications, and as importantly, designing a solution with privacy at its core. Today, millions of minutes are spent on our platform each month.
Our platform is a high-load infrastructure running on AWS using Kubernetes clusters as Docker-based container-orchestration system. The main priority is on stability and scalability of our products serving clients globally. The challenge with exams is the highly spiky nature of the traffic load, requiring fast up- and downscaling of our infrastructure. At the same time, we are aggressively developing new features and integrating with 3rd parties.
WORKING WITH US
You will get the opportunity to understand the client business requirements and translate them into a highly scalable, highly available architecture for online proctoring, across multiple regions and multiple types of clients. We expect you to guide the software team into designing a pure technical solution that makes optimal use of resources, databases, caching technologies, micro services and APIs that allow it to scale and remain flexible for new features. You will learn new technologies, work with outsourcing partners for web development, with DevOps for automating tasks and system scaling, and you will be working in an agile environment.
You will become a leading member of the development team that works closely with other disciplines/roles. You're T-shaped professional and responsible for the whole life cycle (i.e. development, operations) of in-house or packaged applications according to development/test standards and corporate architecture policies including security and data privacy guidelines.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Making architectural designs related to the implementation of new features
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in an Agile development environment while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Mentor less senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- Advanced experience of software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, etc.).
- Experience mentoring other developers on the team, giving constructive guidance and driving architecture decisions.
- Experience working with outsourcing parties is a pre.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes/Docker.
- Experience with highly scalable web development and database architecture.
- Expertise in programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, SQL.
- Understanding of UNIX platforms.
- Experience with creating CI/CD pipelines to help development and testing teams deliver more iteratively.
- An innovative mindset, capability to think out-of-the box and autonomy when researching various solutions.
- Strong understanding in industry best practices in development.
- Ability to work well in a team, willingness to help others, give and receive feedback and compromise when needed.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Eligible to work in the EU, working in Amsterdam (not remote) or willingness to relocate.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
Working at ProctorExam means working in a dynamic, yet flexible and supportive environment, with a team who truly believes in collaboration and multiculturality. If you are an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to make a difference and see the impact of your actions, contact us today! Do you feel like getting to know us better and would you like to have a (virtual) coffee with us?
We are looking forward to receiving your application!