Staff Software Engineer, HR Technology
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer, HR Technology to join Procore’s Talent Technology (HRIS) Team. In this role, you’ll oversee our HR systems security configuration and integrations configuration.
As a Staff Software Engineer, HR Technology, you’ll partner with Procore's Global Talent Team and IT teams to identify system improvements, clarify requirements and implement these designs successfully. Use your consulting and technical abilities to drive positive improvements to Hire to Retire processes through system security configuration, system integrations and automation. You'll work with a dedicated team of experts to leave your mark on the way Procore delivers payroll to our employees around the world—apply today!
This position reports into Director, Business Systems (Hire to Retire) and will be based remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements with business users, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning.
- Identify automation opportunities in Workday, payroll, recruiting and total rewards production applications and processes; propose and deliver improvements to both system and processes
- Evaluate alternative methods, and present recommendations and justifications to business partners
- Roughly 50-70% hands-on coding and system configuration
- Generate technical documentation and presentations to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users.
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release.
- Work cross-functionally with various Procore teams, including Data, Integration, QA/QE, HR and Payroll
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well-architected and elegant security and integration solutions
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, related area or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing systems/software for large business environments; 3+ years of experience designing complex systems, management products business applications or integration with SaaS applications in recruiting, total rewards, payroll and core HCM domains
- 3+ years of Workday configuration experience required
- Python, SQL, Workday Studio, and RPA experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- "Self-starter" attitude and ability to make decisions independently
- A helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a history of superb delivery against the assigned task
- Outstanding partnership skills with an eagerness to learn and grow
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.