Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Levelset
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join Procore’s Fintech cloud infrastructure team. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers, software testing engineers, and product/project managers, to build, design, and shape the cloud infrastructure. Your role will also include improving and developing new platform features that streamline our operations and development processes. You will build and maintain tools for self-service deployment, monitoring, and operations. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in our Dev, test, and production environments across the full stack of hardware and software.
This position reports to the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Senior Manager and will be based in our Cairo Office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and maintain modern microservices infrastructure, with automated continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for various customer-facing and internal systems.
- Improve and add features to the cloud infrastructure platform through self-service automated tools that are used by engineering teams.
- Understand how systems fail and work with teams to reduce the risks.
- Automate provisioning of production, testing, and staging environments.
- Maintain the uptime and availability of production systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain monitoring strategies and tools for our important metrics.
- Design, implement, and maintain backup/restore strategies and tools.
What we’re looking for:
- Mastery of containerization technologies and orchestration runtimes, especially Kubernetes (AWS EKS)
- Experience with automation/configuration management IaC tooling, especially Terraform and Helm Charts.
- Advanced level of coding and scripting for IaC in any of the following scripting languages: Python, Node.js, Go
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services, specifically AWS.
- experience with RDBMS especially MySQL.
- Advanced Linux/Bash/shell scripting knowledge.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Argo CD, etc.).
- Experience with message brokers/queues is a huge plus (RMQ, Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
- Understand OS, networks, or hardware and can debug system issues and identify system bottlenecks.
- Good cloud-native security knowledge. Experience in AWS security is a huge plus.
- NoSQL, Graph, and Key value data storage knowledge is a plus.
- Software architecture knowledge.
- Long experience with web applications. PHP knowledge is a huge plus.
Perks & Benefits
At Procore, we invest in our employees and provide a full range of benefits and perks to help you grow and thrive. From generous paid time off and healthcare coverage to career enrichment and development programs, learn more details about what we offer and how we empower you to be your best.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.