Head of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering, Fintech - Levelset
- Cairo, Egypt
- Employees can work remotely
Levelset, a Procore company, is building the software that empowers people in construction to get what they earn. We provide cloud-based construction management software that makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
We’re looking for a Head of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering to join Procore Fintech.
Our mission at Procore Fintech is to improve access to working capital and levelset risk in construction. Our group builds financial products powered by risk data to improve contractors access to capital and insurance products. We are using big data technologies and our proprietary risk data graph to transform how financial risk data can power construction fintech products. We run software and data systems that ingest, process, and organize data from hundreds of sources, including licenses, permits, liens, and hundreds of other signals sources. In addition, our suite of products and services and thousands of existing users provide us with a wealth of construction payment data that can be used to enrich our risk data graph and inform our data-powered construction risk products.
You will be leading our cloud engineering and infrastructure operations teams to build and maintain the infrastructure and cloud services powering our software systems. As the Head of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering you’ll partner with other leaders from application engineering, data engineering, QA engineering, data science, and product, to build the next generation of our data pipelines and application services.
This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer of Procore Fintech. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead your team to partner with other application and data engineering teams to design, develop, deploy, and maintain our software systems
- Maintain and improve reliability, availability, and scalability of all existing cloud infrastructure systems
- Maintain and develop our CI/CD systems
- Lead our on-call devops support engineering team to address infrastructure incidents and provide timely infrastructure operations support to other teams
- Manage and expand our growing cloud infrastructure engineering team
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or comparable work experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining distributed systems; experience optimizing for reliability of distributed systems
- Experience in modern infrastructure and cloud operations technologies (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform)
- Familiarity with big data systems and data streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, Elastic, Neo4j, MongoDB, Airflow, Spark, Databricks)
- Can write high-quality code in several programming and scripting languages
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.