Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Multiple Teams)
- Carpinteria, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous.
That’s why we’re looking for experienced Senior Backend Software Engineers to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry. In this role, you’ll join our highly collaborative Product and Engineering organization to drive the technical direction of our projects.
This position can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve our existing codebase from a monolithic Rails application into a modular system with clear, well-enforced domain boundaries and a coherent public interface
- Participate in designing and building a system that is aligned with Procore’s technical vision of a service-oriented architecture
- Work up and down the stack to ship code for our Rails backend and our React frontend, and dive deep into the database layer to handle complex querying needs
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and UX to design and build solutions that delight users and solve critical business problems
- Serve as a leader and mentor to more junior engineers within your team
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience in Object-Oriented Program fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C++, Java)
- Experience designing and building software in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Experience working with our stack of Ruby on Rails, React, and PostgreSQL
- Strong experience documenting and bringing team clarity to complex solutions
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate and solve customer problems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.