Staff Data Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Data Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Data Engineer, you’ll design and develop big data predictive analytics data products. You’ll be part of the high-performance team of Data Engineers and contribute to designing, building, testing, scaling, and maintaining data from various source systems and streams (internal, third-party, cloud-based, etc.).
This position will report to our Manager of Data Engineering, and can be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, Austin, TX office, or work remotely from any US location. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
· Lead the design and development of big data predictive analytics using object-oriented analysis, design and programming skills, and design patterns
· Implement ETL workflows for data matching, data cleansing, data integration, and management
· Maintain existing data pipelines and develop new data pipelines using big data technologies
· Develop and maintain tables and data models in SQL, abstracting multiple sources and historical data across varied schemas to a format suitable for further analysis
· Responsible for leading the effort of continuously improving reliability, scalability, and stability of the enterprise data platform
· Contribute to and lead the continuous improvement of the software development framework and processes by collaborating with Quality Assurance engineers
· Reproduce, troubleshoot, and determine the root cause of production issues
· Deliver observable, reliable, and secure software, embracing the “you build it, you run it” mentality, and focus on automation and GitOps
· Participate in daily standups, team meetings, sprint planning, and demo/retrospectives while working cross-functionality with other teams to drive the innovation of our products
What we’re looking for:
· BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
· 8+ years of experience in an Engineering position
· Strong expertise with 4+ years of experience building enterprise techniques for large scale distributed system design and data processing, including:
· Building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, or Flink
· Building and maintain data warehouses in support of BI tools (Snowflake, dbt, Tableau)
· Building data pipeline framework for data workflow to process large data sets and Real-Time & Batch Data Pipeline development
· Experience in processing structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis and reporting with integration with a variety of data metric providers ranging from advertising, web analytics, and consumer devices
· Desire to be actively hands-on with code; using Java, Python and SQL along with willingness and passion for mentoring junior engineers and performing code reviews
· Possess familiarity with Apache Beam or AWS managed services for data (Glue, Athena, Data Pipeline, Flink, Spark) and Snowflake
· Develop data catalogs and data cleanliness to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
· Strong knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, and design
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.