Principal Software Engineer, FE Foundations
- Carpinteria, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll design and create the common flexible core of our current and future UI platform, empowering internal and external teams to create and deliver experiences on the Procore UI Platform more efficiently. In addition to playing a key role in our technology strategy, your work will directly enable all experiences built on the platform to seamlessly flex, extend, and meet customer’s unique construction needs on a global scale. While driving immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the UI technology stack, you’ll identify critical areas based on future growth and collaborate with Product, UX, and other groups to develop roadmaps and tackle initiatives.
Backed by the might of our teams, you’ll be provided with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles. If you’re a strong leader with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches—we have a spot for you on our team.
This position has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or work remotely from any U.S location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drives, along with the architecture team, the end-to-end architecture of the UI platform (architecture, design and development)
- Architect, design, implement, test, and deliver high-quality code, tooling, and frameworks while determining principles, frameworks, and standards for the UI platform
- Build underlying UI platform features that enable customization and UI platform extensibility by users and first or third-party developers
- Contribute to both core initiatives at Procore as well as independent, innovative technical projects
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in a domain, including tools, processes, and procedures that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, and UX experts and present your designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
- Develop test strategies, work with test automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive code coverage and automation metrics
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- Demonstrable experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Significant experience using ReactJS, Flux, Redux, Relay/GraphQL, ReactNative, Ember.js, or Node.js for front end focused roles
- Proven experience with web tooling such as Webpack, Jest, NPM, Typescript, and other tools, including Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, CDN
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Demonstrated expertise with building or significantly improving large systems involving stability, performance, and scalability
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Experience in automated testing, including unit and functional testing using Java, JUnit, JSUnit, Selenium, Mocha, QUnit, or similar technologies
- Understanding of object-oriented programming language (Java, Ruby, Python)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Agile software development
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.