Staff Software Engineer
- Remote, OR 97458, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join Procore’s Collaboration Division. In this role, you’ll focus on creating the common cores of our future application platform, empowering internal and external teams to more efficiently create and deliver experiences on the Procore Platform in a collaborative way. In addition to playing a key role in our technology strategy, your work will also directly enable all experiences built on the platform to seamlessly interact and enable our customer’s unique construction needs on a global scale. All while driving immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the technology stack, you’ll identify critical areas based on future growth and collaborate with Product, UX, and other groups to develop roadmaps and tackle initiatives.
This position reports to our Director of Engineering and can be based in any US office or remote. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design, and development of Procore’s application platform in key team areas
- Build underlying application platform features that enable customization and platform extensibility by users, fiirst or third-party developers, and our application teams
- Contribute to core initiatives at Procore as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Use a collaborative approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in a domain, including processes and software design that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Drive key teams that are building our next wave of technology design for the future of Procore.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 8+ years experience combined in Programming, Saas/ PaaS applications, Frontend + Backend engineering, Test Driven Development and Architecture Design principles
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Demonstrated expertise with building and/or significantly improving large features, support technological areas, and architecture initiatives
- Experience in working and developing APIs through REST, gRPC, or GraphQL
- Experience in different data stores
- Experience in Social Networks, collaboration within software, messaging (Kafka/Queues/Data Streaming)
- Time-honed expertise with modern web and backend development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.