Sales Engineer, Financials, Specialty Contractors
- Carpinteria, CA, USA
Procore is looking for a Sales Engineer, Financials to join our Sales Engineering team. In this role, you’ll serve as a subject matter expert in communicating the value of our financial products through technical acumen, strategic consultation, and executive presence.
As a Sales Engineer, Financials, you’ll apply industry and vertical-specific knowledge to establish how Procore Financials products can improve a self-perform contractor's business processes. Within this strategy, you’ll work alongside Account Executives to demonstrate the product’s capabilities and align with all stakeholders from Product Marketing to Engineering.
This position will report to our Senior Manager, Sales Acceleration, and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S. location or be based in one of our U.S offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to both internal teams and customer stakeholders, sharing insights to help customers improve their business processes surrounding the financial products of Procore
- Run in-depth technical demonstrations that highlight Procore Financial’s value proposition as well as uncover and demonstrate technical compatibilities
- Delve into the customer’s tech stack and processes to identify any areas where Financials and accounting integrations can create efficiency gains or benefits
- Plan and execute proof of concepts and technical validations, ensuring that all stakeholders are engaged and informed throughout the process
- Ensure a thorough handover of the customer to the team responsible for onboarding and implementation
- Work with the Product teams to ideate, give feedback and deliver updates to the sales team on releases
- Build back to Product teams what revenue opportunities could come from pursuing product improvements
- Support adoption of product roadmap and vision across the sales organization
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of experience in project accounting, or project cost management at a self-perform contractor; CPA a plus
- Comfortable talking through accounting methods, work-in-progress, and resource management with project accountants and corporate controllers
- Familiarity working with accounting software; implementation and consulting experience working with a construction ERP solutions a plus
- Experience managing financials in the field before accounting
- Ability to establish credibility with an executive audience
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and active listening skills
- High degree of curiosity and innovative mindset attuned to a finance technology landscape
- Strategic in setting and achieving financial targets and experience with multiple contract delivery methods
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.