Staff - SDET
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for Staff Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
Testing is evolving at Procore and we’re looking for passionate system thinkers to help shape this transformation. As an SDET, you’ll lead the development of the tools and systems used to validate the services that make up the Procore Platform, ensuring quality and delivery with velocity. You will integrate your tools and frameworks into our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline, providing our engineers with the transparency needed to move swiftly and with confidence. This is not a traditional QA role – we’re looking for builders with experience developing test frameworks and tools that will elevate Engineering at Procore.
This position will report to a member of our Engineering Management team and has the opportunity to be located in any of our US offices. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Software Developers, System Reliability Engineers, and other SDETs to build the foundation and implementation of test frameworks and test artifact updates
- Work cross functionally to create the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles
- Improve the CI/CD pipeline by extending it’s functionality to leverage created test frameworks and tools
- Plan and establish measurements of success for implemented test frameworks and tools
- Use feedback to improve the value and usage of test frameworks and tools
- Identify and establish plans addressing test gaps
- Mentor software developers, providing guidance and assistance on how to introduce tests at the appropriate levels of the application stack
- Own portions of Procore’s testing infrastructure and ensure it is functional and available at all times
- Make tactical decisions related to tests, test plans, test frameworks, and other artifacts to ensure function value
What we’re looking for:
- Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), networking, and security
- 5+ years building and implementing test frameworks and tools, integrating them into the CI pipeline and successfully adopted by development teams
- Experience with API Testing both manual and automated. Experience with API contract testing a plus.
- Automation experience in a distributed/service-oriented architecture environment
- Extensive experience with performance/load testing
- Advanced knowledge of security vulnerabilities
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.