Staff Infrastructure Engineer- Cloud Traffic
- Carpinteria, CA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Infrastructure Engineer to join our Cloud Traffic Engineering team to continue Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Infrastructure Engineer on our Cloud Traffic Engineering team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to be on a team focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining scalable and reliable traffic delivery infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to continually improve the most critical feature to Procore, our reliability! We have a lot of work ahead of us on making our engineers’ lives easier and engineering even more reliability into the Procore platforms. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
This position will report to the Engineering Manager, Cloud Traffic Engineering with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design, and development of the end-to-end configuration and success of Procore’s traffic networking
- Use a collaborative approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Work with AWS to integrate their new and existing network-specific products and services to improve our ecosystem
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues across services, platforms, and infrastructure
- Serve as the subject matter expert within the cloud network traffic engineering domain, including tools, processes, and procedures
- Facilitate an “open source” mindset and culture both across teams internally and outside of Procore through active participation in and contributions to the greater community
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 8+ years of combined experience as a Software, Systems, Infrastructure, or Site Reliability Engineer, with an interest in cloud infrastructure or experience supporting production in a SaaS multi-tenant environments
- Experience in cloud networking or network design for large-scale web applications
- A proven track record of documenting, improving processes, and scaling technical approaches to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience optimizing for reliability of distributed systems
- Passionate about learning and adopting new technologies that will ease your day-to-day job
- Technical Certifications are a plus
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- AWS VPCs
- Infrastructure as Code Tooling (Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- IP address management (IPAM), DNS and Registrar Management
- PKI infrastructure for securing network communication
- Service Mesh (Linkerd, Istio)
- DoS mitigation strategies, Web Application Firewalls, etc
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.