Senior Software Engineer, Delivery Team
- Remote, CA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report to Delivery Manager and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Help establish standards for development teams and collaborate on initiatives with infrastructure, platform, and other software engineering teams
- Assist fellow teammates by conducting code reviews and code pairing
- Leverage our tech stack: Primarily Ruby/Rails/Postgres hosted on AWS and increasingly using Kubernetes and languages such as Java and Typescript, CircleCI for Continuous Integration, and a combination of Spinnaker and an in-house tool for CD.
- Drive critical projects including:
- Delivering Software at Scale: We’re growing rapidly and need engineers ready to take on the challenge of building our next-generation CI/CD pipeline to enable hundreds of other developers to deliver high-quality software safely at a high velocity.
- Delivering Services at Speed: We’re continuing our transition to a service-oriented architecture, and we need to build, test, and deploy pipelines that allow developers to put their services into production quickly and safely, with a minimum of handoffs to other teams.
- Software Delivery Observability: We intend to become an elite performer in the software industry, and we can only do this if we learn and adapt quickly. We need telemetry from our software delivery systems to continually learn how to improve our lead time for changes, our change failure rate, and our mean time to recover from failure.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in software engineering fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (coding experience in Ruby on Rails, Python, C++, Java, or similar languages preferred)
- Understanding the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
- Proficient in the software delivery process, e.g. coding standards, code review, source control management, process building, and testing
- Experience in working with software, platforms, and infrastructure at scale (we run thousands of hosts and have millions of users)
- Experience in building modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems at scale
- Experience working with a team on large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
Experience working with modern web development, including testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.