Principal Software Engineer- Cloud Foundations
- Carpinteria, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for experienced Engineers to join our Cloud Foundations team to continue Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Foundations team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of our application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. You’ll be on a team that builds and maintains the cloud infrastructure and platforms we provide to the rest of engineering. We have a lot of work ahead of us on making our engineers’ lives easier and engineering even more reliability into the Procore platforms. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
This position will report to the Manager of the Cloud Fundamentals team with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a champion for idempotent infrastructure-as-code by taking ownership in the end-to-end configuration and success of the core infrastructure and platforms used by Procore’s engineering teams
- Partner with our Product, Security, and Development teams to ensure services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance
- Plan for the expansion, growth, and reliability of Procore’s infrastructure
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues across services, platforms, and infrastructure
- Be a driver for change and adoption of DevOps principles across the broader organization
- Facilitate an “open source” mindset and culture both across teams internally and outside of Procore through active participation in and contributions to the greater community
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 12+ years of combined experience as a Software, Resiliency, or Reliability Engineer, with coding experience in one or more languages (Golang, Rust, etc.)
- An engineering background as a Software, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineer, with an interest in cloud infrastructure or experience supporting production in a SaaS multi-tenant environments
- A proven track record of documenting, improving processes, and scaling technical approaches to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience optimizing for reliability of distributed systems
- Technical Certifications are a plus
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Infrastructure/cloud automation tooling (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Configuration and Security Management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vault)
- Networking protocol knowledge (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP(S), routing protocols)
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.