Staff Business Intelligence Analyst
- Carpinteria, CA
- Employees can work remotely
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Business Intelligence Analyst to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll partner closely with our Product, User Experience, Engineering, and Information Technology teams to turn data into insights that shine a light on the effectiveness of our product strategy initiatives, the adoption and usage of our product, and customers’ behavior. If you’re a team player with a passion for product development, a natural curiosity for data, and the technical abilities to process and make sense of large-scale data sets—we’d love to hear from you.
This position will report to our Director, Business Intelligence and can work remotely from any U.S location or based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA, or our Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Own analytics for one of the primary pillars of our company’s three-year product strategy
- Identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs
- Develop a deep understanding of the product to effectively identify and address critical issues related to product adoption and user behavior
- Provide data that is accurate, harmonious, and reliable, and ensure the information is readily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems
- Educate and train internal customers to use data as an analytical tool, displaying the data in new forms and content for analysis and option exploration
- Partner with Product Managers, UX Designers, and Engineers to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators and develop business intelligence and data warehouse strategy
- Design and document dashboards, alerts, and reports
- Provide leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation, and presentation of findings to all levels of management
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and requirements; participate in the development of business cases in support of process changes or IT projects
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years in a data analytics role with strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g., Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or specialized training/certification); or equivalent work experience
- Self-starter with experience devising and testing hypotheses and implementing research plans; someone who can help the business identify the right questions to ask
- A proven track record driving meaningful decisions and business outcomes collaborating with senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Strong ability to articulate best practices proper analytical techniques to business leaders and to recognize abnormalities in trends, boundary problems, and thresholds, along with gathering cross-functional requirements and translating them into practical engineering tasks and technical deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to present strong data-driven storylines and content to both general and senior audiences
- Proficient in applied statistics and data science with experience developing accurate predictive models
- Strong experience with SQL, Tableau, Looker, or similar BI/Data Visualization tool; as well as Amplitude and other behavioral analytics tools
If you'd like stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.