Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET)
- Fairfield, CA, USA
ProSource360 is a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Certified, HUBZone firm that offers Information Technology (IT) Support Services, Management Consulting, and Healthcare focused services to federal, state and local government agencies as well as selected healthcare organizations. ProSource360 is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in the quality of our team members and our work, in a cost-efficient manner. We help organizations achieve quantifiable solutions to their strategic imperatives. We have an innovative culture and provide excellent compensation and benefits to our full-time employees.
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is seeking a Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) to support the David Grant Medical Center at Travis Air Force Base near Fairfield, CA. The primary purpose of this position is to independently perform a wide range of calibration/preventative maintenance and repair on medical equipment throughout Travis AFB and associated units. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, take initiative, and possess problem solving skills.
- Perform calibration and preventative maintenance on a broad range of hospital equipment
- Verify calibration of equipment by comparing to manufacturers technical literature/Air Force standards/Air Force Instructions/local calibration forms
- Perform repairs on a wide range of medical equipment. Able to identify malfunctioning medical equipment and troubleshoot to component level. After identifying defective components, installing replacement parts and complete preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment as specified in the manufacturer’s literature.
- Perform maintenance administration functions. Document maintenance actions on work orders in the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) database system and prepare transactions to update equipment historical maintenance records. Prepare and post transactions to repair parts inventory systems. Maintain publications and technical reference files. Maintain equipment safety, inspection, modification and warranty files. Compile and review information and data to be used in preparing reports.
- Perform safety inspections. Inspect and test all biomedical and patient-related nonmedical equipment systems for compliance with current safety standards. Inspect and test supporting utility systems and specialized environmentally controlled areas of the medical facility for compliance with electrical and patient safety standards. Identify equipment and support systems which fail to meet safety standards. Initiate corrective actions and inform personnel of possible safety hazards.
- Perform medical equipment maintenance duties in a safe manner. Includes the operation of automated and manual test equipment; electrical safety analyzers, defibrillator analyzer, ventilator analyzer, electric grinder, drills and other test equipment unique to the biomedical maintenance shop.
- Advise on problems of installing, repairing, modifying, and using biomedical equipment and support systems. Resolve installation and maintenance problems. Analyze layout drawings, technical specifications, schematic diagrams, blueprints and operating characteristics of biomedical equipment and support systems.
- Conduct initial tests of equipment and systems to determine consistency with medical and technical specifications. Interpret installation, operation, calibration and maintenance procedures. Analyzes recurring malfunctions and recommends corrective actions. Devise new maintenance, inspection, operation, repair and calibration procedures. Provide consultation to professionals and medical personnel on using equipment and related patient and operator safety considerations.
- Must meet one of the following: Associates Degree in Biomedical Engineering, completion of a technical training program in biomedical equipment maintenance, or equivalent military training
- Minimum of 4 years of recent applicable BMET experience
- Must be able to install, inspect, repair, and modify biomedical equipment and support systems
- Must calibrate medical equipment according to manufacturers’ technical literature, pertinent federal regulations, national standards, state and local laws, and Air Force guidance
- Must have good knowledge of schematics and ability to work independently on repairs; safety testing, and preventive maintenance
- Current BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) from the American Heart Association
- Lift up to 50 lbs., long periods of standing, sitting, bending and walking
- Perform well under stress and/or high demand, communicate effectively, and work with others.
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician preferred
- Prior military BMET experience is preferred
- Experience with using and running transactions in the DMLSS system preferred
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.