Occupational Health and Safety Technician
- Eglin AFB, FL 32542, USA
ProSource360 is a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Certified, HUBZone firm that offers Information Technology (IT) Support Services, Management Consulting, and Healthcare focused services to federal, state and local government agencies as well as selected healthcare organizations. ProSource360 is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in the quality of our team members and our work, in a cost-efficient manner. We help organizations achieve quantifiable solutions to their strategic imperatives. We have an innovative culture and provide excellent compensation and benefits to our full-time employees.
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is seeking an Occupational Health and Safety Technician to provide technical expertise to the Bioenvironmental Engineering drinking water mission at the Eglin AFB. The technician will assess all EPA/OESHA requirements that pertain to the Eglin AFB water systems. Provide technical data and completed forms/documentation to staff for inclusion into the public water system program files. The Technician will also execute indoor air quality surveys and/or provide recommendations within the scope of their certification. The Occupational Health and Safety technician will also input data into DOEHRS-IH in accordance with local procedures and Air Force requirements.
· The technician tests, and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure they follow all applicable standards and government regulations in accordance with AF requirements. Includes sample collection and survey measurements of potential hazards and engineering controls.
· Recommends health hazard controls to mitigate hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
· Assists staff in monitoring environmental conditions on the installation to include the collection of water samples for compliance with the Safe Drinking Water Act, swimming pool and bathing area water quality evaluations and program compliance, and occupational and environmental health site assessment sampling.
· Monitors both swimming pools and natural bathing areas for compliance and safety. Executes water sampling and provides health risk communication to the public.
· Maintains and annotates files with minimal errors providing for easy and timely retrieval/location of material. Files materials on established schedule or as needed basis minimizing filing backlogs and delays in locating documents.
· Reviews files ensuring accurate coding and deletion of outdated materials. Performs research to determine problem resolution in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
· Compiles accurate data/statistics by extracting data from various sources, (i.e., automated systems, computer listings, document files, etc.) within requested time frames. Maintains records and documents actions.
· Uses computer terminals, optical readers, scanners, etc. to input nomenclature and description of changes. Enters or retrieves data via a computer terminal into or from an automated warehouse record system.
· Processes material received without documentation by obtaining and inputting required information into automated system. Utilizes word processing software and printing equipment to create, copy, edit, and print a variety of standardized documents.
· Uses basic office automation functions, Microsoft Office products to generate letters and memorandums, enters data into predefined spreadsheets, retrieves data from specified electronic records, transmits, researches, places orders, manages inventories, receives/ships and utilizes electronic mail.
· Transcribes various documents and reports into proper format with responsibility for correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
· Standard use of office equipment, such as computers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, telephone and office automation systems.
· Use of Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel at a minimum) to prepare reports and other documents.
· General medical ethics, telephone etiquette and excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and coordinate activities such as appointments, meetings, and suspense timelines.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge in and understanding of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), National Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Analytical Methods sampling guides, NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards, American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygiene (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Values (TLV) and Biological Exposure Indices (BEI) Booklet, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards, and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards.
· Knowledgeable in proper selection of personnel protective equipment (PPE).
· Valid state driver’s license
· Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Occupational Health/Safety, Core Science or Engineering Technology.
· Must have at least two (2) years of experience working in an Occupational Health or Industrial Hygiene related medical field or must have formal college/vocational school education and hold a certification issued by Occupational Health and Safety Technologist Certification (OHST) or the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
· One (1) year experience using basic sampling equipment to include detection tubes/chips, personal air samplers and calibrators, sound level meters, noise dosimeters, and environmental sampling equipment is required.
· Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) Heartsaver (HS) certification from American Heart Association is required.
· It is preferred that a technician possess OSHA Lead Abatement Certification, AHERA Facility Inspector Certification, and AHERA Asbestos Supervisor Certification.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk on a regular basis. Physical demands include walking, standing, sitting, bending and carrying of light items up to 35 pounds.
· Travel to other sections of the MTF or Air Force Base may be required.
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.