RN, Women’s Health Clinic
- Las Vegas, NV, USA
ProSource360 is a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Certified, HUBZone firm that offers Information Technology (IT) Support Services, Management Consulting, and Healthcare focused services to federal, state and local government agencies as well as selected healthcare organizations. ProSource360 is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in the quality of our team members and our work, in a cost-efficient manner. We help organizations achieve quantifiable solutions to their strategic imperatives. We have an innovative culture and provide excellent compensation and benefits to our full-time employees.
Prosource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is seeking a Registered Nurse at Nellis Air Force Base, Women’s Health Clinic. The successful candidate is responsible to develop knowledge and leadership skills in one of three general areas. These areas include patients and their families, administration, and nurse management. Other nursing staff team members turn to the clinical nurse specialist for expertise and guidance. The registered nurse has an overall goal of helping to create more effective and efficient care protocol for patients. This position is located in Las Vegas, NV.
- Collaborate with the physician, nurse practitioner, nurse midwife, or clinical nurse specialist in the healthcare/education of patients.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, to include annual physicals/health assessments, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Coordinates patient care through a multi-disciplinary continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to a provision of care, quality improvement, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of nursing care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates within a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions/outcomes, and for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format to address professional issues.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activities in accordance with unit/medical treatment facility requirements.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups and assists with decision-making and process improvement initiatives. Participates in customer service initiatives designed to enhance health services
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Must have experience in providing direct patient care, patient and staff education, administration, and/or research. At least 3-5 years of experience of working in obstetric, gynecologic, and /or knowledge dysplasia
- Knowledgeable on professional care theories, principles, practices, standards and procedures to provide comprehensive primary care to a select population of essentially healthy women and/or their babies in a variety of settings to include, obstetrical antepartum or intrapartum management, postpartum care, gynecologic care and immediate newborn care
- Knowledgeable on growth, development, and pathophysiology of disease process specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population to include all ages of the spectrum from neonate to geriatrics
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of medical disorders to include sickle cell anemia, diabetes, sexually transmitted diseases, thyroid disorders, hypertension, and cardiac disease among others and their potential impact on perinatal outcomes, as well as broad knowledge of normal delivery variations, their complications and indicated therapeutic intervention required
- Knowledgeable of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, to include desired effects, side effects, and complications/contraindications for their use. Demonstrate ability to administer pharmacologic agents and accurately compute dosage calculations as required
- Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient's condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care
- Knowledgeable on computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records
- Skilled in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, suction equipment, nebulizers, fetal heart monitors, and other unit specific equipment
- Have the ability to interpret fetal heart racing or will enroll in a class within 6 weeks of hire to obtain this formal training in fetal heart monitoring
- Maintain all certification and education required for patient care
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.