Registered Nurse, General Surgery Ward
- Las Vegas, NV, USA
ProSource360 is a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Certified, HUBZone firm that offers Information Technology (IT) Support Services, Management Consulting, and Healthcare focused services to federal, state and local government agencies as well as selected healthcare organizations. ProSource360 is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in the quality of our team members and our work, in a cost-efficient manner. We help organizations achieve quantifiable solutions to their strategic imperatives. We have an innovative culture and provide excellent compensation and benefits to our full-time employees.
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is seeking a Registered Nurse in the General Surgery Ward at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada. The successful candidate will possess the knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience to acutely ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to the critical care unit population to include all ages of the spectrum from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Possesses knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
- Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Possesses knowledge of a variety of anesthetic agents used in surgical procedures, the methods of administration, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use to include knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition.
- Assesses, coordinates, facilitates and delivers care for infant to geriatric patients recovering from general, regional, and/or local anesthesia.
- Administers intravenous conscious sedation and recovers patients receiving conscious sedation for procedures as required.
- Synthesizes and makes appropriate clinical decisions using a wide variety of data sources, specifically patient response, anesthesia and surgical report and, pre-operative progress notes.
- Possesses knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility.
- Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses patients. Uses the nursing processes as a basis for professional practice.
- Demonstrates proper preparation of patients for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions.
- Provides proper care and evaluation of post-procedural patients.
- Setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed.
- Provides relevant and timely information to these groups and assists with decision-making and process improvement.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- May serve as the charge nurse of the day for clinical oversight only, as appropriate.
- Possesses excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
• Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. HUBZone candidates encouraged to apply.