Biomedical Engineer Repair Technician II
- San Antonio, TX, USA
ProSource360 is a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Certified, HUBZone firm that offers Information Technology (IT) Support Services, Management Consulting, and Healthcare focused services to federal, state and local government agencies as well as selected healthcare organizations. ProSource360 is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in the quality of our team members and our work, in a cost-efficient manner. We help organizations achieve quantifiable solutions to their strategic imperatives.
ProSource360 is seeking several Biomedical Equipment Repair Technicians at the Brooke Army Medical Center. The successful candidate will Independently be able to repair, calibrate, and maintain medical equipment, instrumentation, and support systems of moderate complexity used in healthcare delivery.
Job Responsibilities and/or Success Factors:
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect medical equipment and instrumentation, including life-support equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements.
- Provide mentoring to other biomedical equipment technicians.
- Assist senior biomedical engineering technicians with in-service educational programs on use of equipment.
- Assist medical and nursing staff in the use of equipment.
Required Skills, Certification, Education:
- Graduate of a military Biomedical Equipment Specialist/Technician Course or an Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Biomedical Equipment Technology or Engineering.
- Four years’ experience in repairing and maintenance of medical devices/systems.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of electronic equipment and its operation, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the application and repair of computers and servers and how they interface with medical equipment.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to use of biomedical equipment.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance inspections.
- Ability to run diagnostic programs.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
- Skill in testing electronic equipment.
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.