Registered Nurse - ICU
- Eglin AFB, FL 32542, USA
ProSource360 is a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Certified, HUBZone firm that offers Information Technology (IT) Support Services, Management Consulting, and Healthcare focused services to federal, state and local government agencies as well as selected healthcare organizations. ProSource360 is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in the quality of our team members and our work, in a cost-efficient manner. We help organizations achieve quantifiable solutions to their strategic imperatives.
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is seeking a Registered Nurse to work at Eglin Air Force Base, located near Valparaiso, Florida. The successful candidate will provide all management, personnel, transportation, supervision, teaching, consultations and reports and other items necessary to perform ICU Critical Care Nurse Services in a manner that shall cover the range of services provided in a civilian Medical Treatment Facility (MTF). The successful candidate will be required to assist in treating patients enrolled to all out-patient clinics assigned to the MTF, when required by the Flight Commander, to ensure access standards are met during deployments, unscheduled absences, or when limited technician staffing dictates. The Registered Nurse may be tasked to assist with care for patients from the following wards, as required. (Surgical, Labor & Delivery, etc).
This position requires a Panama Schedule (3 shifts one week and 4 shifts the next week). Must be willing to rotate days and nights, up to every 3 months.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide patient care services as directed by physicians/nurse practitioners/physician assistants or other individuals responsible for patient care
- Treat and receive patients, prepare and maintain records, pull and file patient medical records, perform basic secretarial skills, handle telephone calls and written correspondence, serve as a liaison between physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and other medical staff
- Fulfill the following tasks; critical care medications (monitor/mix, administer titrate), dysrhythmia recognition, arterial blood gas interpretation, hemodynamic pressure interpretation, assist with synchronized cardioversion, perform emergency defibrillation (with knowledgeable use of defibrillation machine), administer thrombolytic agents, perform the postoperative recovery and discharge within established criteria.
- Perform arterial punctures, draw blood from invasive monitoring lines, assist with temporary pacemaker insertion, apply noninvasive external pacemaker, obtain hemodynamic variables. The ICU Critical nurse will interpret lab values, care for patients with Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines, mechanical ventilators, and give inhalation therapy treatments with knowledge of medications utilized.
- Must possess knowledge of the pharmacology of the most commonly used emergency drugs, anticipated results, usual dosages and their location on crash cart and will be able to administer medications.
- Provide intensive care nursing to critically ill patients of all ages with medical and/or surgical problems and/or AIDS-related problems, administer prescribed medications to include multiple medication drips and intravenous push drugs, care for patients on ventilators, operate hemodynamic equipment safely and effectively.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies and initiate life saving measures in the absence of a physician.
- Responsible of patient and staff safety through safety awareness, proper infection control and promotion of clean, orderly clinic environment. The ICU Critical Care Nurse shall recognize, report and correct potential safety hazards.
- Perform administrative duties that may include monthly peer review, maintaining statistical records of his or her clinical workload, participating in medical education programs, participating in quality improvement functions and other duties as prescribed by the Flight Commander.
- Prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF to include but not limited to: timeliness, legibility, accuracy, content, and signature. Only MTF and Air Force approved abbreviations can be used in the documentation of care in the health care record. ICU Critical Care Nurse shall ensure complete patient identifying information is on all documentation that is to become part of a health care record.
Required Skills, Certification, Education
- Associates or Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing
- Active/Unrestricted RN License from any State
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience with at least 1 year of experience in a critical care area within the last 5 years
- Healthcare Provider (HCP) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification using American Heart Association guidelines. Members required to have Advanced Life Support requirements (ACLS, PALS, NRP) must present proof of current certification(s) through the American Heart Association
- Possess the ability to acquire and use basic computer skills to enter patient data and extract patient’s information, from a variety of sources to include Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and Integrated Clinical Database (ICDB)
- Must seek and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with clients/families and co-workers which contribute to mission accomplishment
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. HUBZone candidates encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.