Business Development Manager, DACH (REF7757B)
- Westpoortweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for contributing to business growth and profitability through new client sales and sales of new business to existing clients. The primary focus of the role is to identify qualified leads, manage the sales process, and win new business while building long-term relationships with prospects in a manner consistent with ProPharma Group’s culture and values.
Essential Functions Include:
- Develop and maintain long term client relationships resulting in the expansion of client base, build awareness of our company services and generate revenue.
- Uncover immediate needs to target market through leads and follow ups, executing internal and external initiatives to drive profitable growth.
- Support direct sales initiative by creating and participating in sales meetings and presentations.
- Identify and attend key conferences and trade shows to increase company visibility, business opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Generate new leads and opportunities.
- Develop and write proposals for submission to prospective clients.
- Initiate and facilitate pre-work with a client as needed (e.g. CDA/NDA, MSA, SOW, meeting preparations).
- Act as a liaison between ProPharma Group and potential clients (e.g., setting up capability presentations, teleconferences).
- Document leads, opportunities, proposals, and related activities in CRM.
- Liaise with client during proposal negotiation.
- Work closely with client-facing teams outside the Business Development function on sales strategies based on market research and competitor analyses and execute sales plan based on those strategies.
- Conduct sales follow-up and order close with prospective customers.
- Work with Marketing to coordinate promotions, participate in events, and conduct follow-up contact with prospective clients.
- Utilize internal data tracking tools to record and monitor ongoing sales activities and for producing sales metrics reports as needed.
- Ensure communications are coordinated with internal stakeholders and support sales plan objectives.
- Participate in regular Business Development team meetings and meetings with key stakeholders.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years of sales or recruiting experience within the life sciences field.
- Business Proficiency with German and English
- Proven team builder and team player who can focus and continuously reinforce efforts to meet goals.
- Strong presence and confidence during presentations to customers.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to assess and resolve difficult business situations.
- A problem-solver, analyzing and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- High level of ambition, resilient and flexible – able to deal with ambiguity and change, within a midsize but high-growth business.
- A self-starter with a driving personality and willingness to take on responsibilities in a proactive manner.
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***