Business Development Manager
- Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for implementing and executing a sales plan for the assigned territory to achieve sales targets. The primary focus of the role is to identify qualified leads, and manage the sales process to a successful conclusion, while building long-term relationships with prospects and new clients in a manner consistent with ProPharma Group’s culture and values.
- Execute the sales lifecycle process for new business from lead generation through purchase order receipt.
- Establish and execute territory sales plans in conjunction with business unit.
- Generate and cultivate leads and opportunities within territory.
- Initiate and facilitate pre-work with prospective clients (e.g., CDA/NDA, MSA, SOW, meeting preparation).
- Develop/write proposals for submission to prospective clients.
- Coordinate, prepare, and deliver sales presentations.
- Conduct sales follow-up and order closing with customers.
- Maintain and expand customer base by building relationships with prospects and key customers.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Business Development, and Operations (e.g., on promotional campaigns, industry events, new product launches).
- Maintain up-to-date and complete Salesforce records, and comprehensive RFP-related files in shared file site using agreed conventions.
- Responsibly manage business and travel expenses according to budget.
- Perform market research and analysis.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Monitor external environment for development of the new market segments.
- Execute responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with required policies and practices.
Necessary Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of prospects in assigned territory and established relationships with local industry leaders.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in selling services into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Thorough knowledge of Life Sciences industry and proven networking abilities within the industry.
- Subject matter knowledge of GxP compliance consulting services.
- Leadership, communication, collaboration, negotiation & persuasion, project management, organization, planning, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to cover assigned territory by traveling to customer sites.
- Extensive understanding of the purchase decision criteria of target customers in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Problem analysis resolution skills.
- Strong customer orientation, with a focus on quality and details.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and CRM Software.
- B.S./B.A.in Business, Engineering or Science related field.
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in selling services to pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device companies.
- Proven track-record of outstanding performance in interacting with customers and various internal organizations.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***