Associate Director of Medical Information Operations, Europe
- Olliver Rd, Richmond DL10, UK
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Japan, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
This Associate Director of MI Operations position will manage and oversee the operations of ProPharma Group EU Medical Information (MI) Department in the absence of the Director. This role is supported by the Director of Medical Information or another member of the Leadership Team in their absence.
Appropriate supervision and advice will be provided to support the Associate Director in this role by the Director of MI Operations or their back up Director.
The Director of EU Operations is responsible for overseeing the headcount budget for the EU MI Department, the Associate Director may be asked to assist with this process.
Essential Functions Include:
1. Oversee the overall function of the Medical Information call handling teams in alignment with global SOPs, regional SOPs and other work processes.
2. Responsible for developing the Medical Information teams structure in line with the growth rate of the company.
3. Assist with setting realistic headcount budget and managing the Medical Information teams to meet the budget as well as client expectations.
4. Work with the Senior Medical Information Managers to oversee staff scheduling, resource planning, and monitoring of team staffing levels and metrics. This includes liaising with Business Development and Client Services to be prepared for all new business.
5. Work closely with Client Services to provide assistance with key deliverables and activities in support of clients.
6. Ensures Quality Assurance programs are performed and targets are met. Participate in Quality Committee and monitors for continuous improvements.
7. Assist with the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, Working Practices, and other related documents.
8. As an Associate Director, this role could be asked to take a lead role in critical projects essential to the MI function with appropriate support from the Director.
1. Bachelor degree or higher.
2. Required: 5 or more years with contact center experience
3. Required: 3 or more years with management level positions in contact center (could be Manager, Director, Vice President, or similar)
4. Preferred: Prior experience in Medical/Drug Information, Pharmacovigilance, and/or Product Complaints within the pharmaceutical industry required.
5. Preferred: Prior experience in contact center in highly regulated industry
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to work in a matrix environment, across multiple teams.
8. Organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage many complex projects simultaneously.
9. Experience of working within a call centre environment and/or medical information experience.
10. Flexible and proactive towards changing clients’ needs and a growing company.
11. Excellent questioning and listening skills.
12. Analytical expertise in understanding complex issues and their consequences.
13. Entrepreneurial spirit.
Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***