Human Resources Assistant
- Skeeby Rd, Darlington DL1, UK
* We are based 10 minutes from Scotch Corner, Gilling West and Richmond and 20 minutes from Darlington.*
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
The Human Resources Assistant will support the provision of an efficient, customer-focused and proactive operational HR service to staff at all levels throughout their employment life cycle. It will also support the provision of an effective, comprehensive and professional HR service to all external and internal customers.
Essential Functions Include:
- Assisting with the provision of quality, effective, comprehensive and professional Human Resources administrative duties.
- Assisting with the maintenance of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Assisting in the maintenance of paper and electronic filing systems to ensure that individual and organisational Human Resources information is maintained and stored securely
- Ensuring that confidentiality and data protection requirements are met at all times.
- Maintaining office systems e.g. filing, ordering stationery, diary management.
- Providing general administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
- Administration of any HR related documentation in line with all aspects of the HR function including but not limited to:
- HR Database Management
- Attendance Management
- Performance Management
- Policy Development
- Recruitment, selection and onboarding
- Maternity, paternity and parental leave.
- To provide generalist HR advice and support for first line queries from managers, staff and members of the public in a timely and efficient manner. To escalate queries as appropriate.
- Coordinating all requests sent to the HR Department inbox signposting requests to relevant HR Department team members.
- Ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries.
- Ensuring the HR Department intranet page is kept updated, uploading policies and other documentation where necessary.
- Under supervision, providing administrative support to the HR Department when dealing with general employment issues.
- Ensuring the HR database reflects the correct working pattern for part-time workers to ensure annual leave entitlements are correct.
- Supporting the reminder process for managers of when they have appraisals to complete and monitoring the return of the forms for filing.
- Recording, processing and collating sickness absence statistics for the Company.
- Supporting the regular communication between HR and Payroll.
- Collating payroll-related information
- Preparing and submitting the monthly Payroll spreadsheet to meet Payroll deadlines.
- Providing effective administrative support as required to the Recruiters and hiring managers.
- Contributing to the development of employment induction materials used in the monthly staff induction programme.
HR Data Maintenance
- Providing effective and accurate administrative support when maintaining and updating the HR database.
- Complying with the Company’s health and safety policies.
- Ensuring the confidentiality statement within the Contract of Employment is adhered to at all times in respect of the data and property of the Company, its clients and employees of the business.
- To carry out other duties and specific project work that may be assigned by the HR Director.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Ideally CIPD Level 3 qualified, or working towards this.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Grade A – C in both English and Mathematics
- Minimum of 1 year’s administrative experience, working a busy customer-focused environment
- HR administrative experience will be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Experience of working on own initiative to resolve issues.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Work in a professional manner, at all times, with clients, customers, team colleagues, management and members of the public.
- Work independently and manage own workload.
- Flexible and able to deal quickly and appropriately with individual situations as they arise.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality.
- PC literacy including MS Office, internet.
- Hands on experience with an HR information system or HR management system.
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of, and comply with, the Standard Operating Procedures of the Company.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***