- 1440 G St. NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Are you passionate about leadership, equity, and social impact at nonprofit and philanthropic organizations? Do you want to help social sector organizations achieve their potential for impact by supporting leaders in building more racially diverse, inclusive, and equitable cultures? Do you have an eye for detail and thrive on managing projects?
If so, we’re looking for you…
ProInspire is seeking a Manager to play a key role in driving our work supporting organizations with advancing race equity and leadership. The Manager will work on a portfolio of training programs, consulting services, open enrollment programs, and communities of practice for nonprofit organizations and foundations.
This role will report to a Director on our team and will work closely with staff based across the country, as well as ProInspire partners, funders, faculty, and consultants.
Example projects include:
- Managing preparation meetings and logistics for a comprehensive organizational change journey that includes work with client leadership, staff, and small teams
- Developing project plans, managing communication and timelines for an inclusive manager training series with multiple cohorts
- Launching and supporting a foundation-sponsored program, such as a community of practice for senior leaders of color
- Developing internal processes to streamline operations and improve collaboration among staff
Manager candidates will have experience managing multiple projects at once and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, including clients/participants, consultants and staff. In addition, Managers will have experience adjusting plans as new learnings cause project priorities to shift.
The Manager will focus on:
Client Projects (75%)
- Business Development and Partnerships: Conduct informational calls with nonprofit organizations seeking our services, align on goals, write proposals and grant reports, manage contracting and invoicing with clients and consultants
- Project Management: Develop project plans and timelines, identify project risks and develop mitigation plans as needed, facilitate project meetings and follow up documentation, manage processes to recruit and communicate with participants (as relevant)
- Client Communication: Manage client and participant communication throughout projects, including planning check-in meetings, sending agendas, and follow-up
- Deliverables: Prepare client-ready deliverables for programs, including agendas, workbooks, presentations and other materials
- Implementation: Support implementation of programs and services, including logistics, participant experience, technology, facilitator support, and program evaluation
Internal Projects (10%)
- Improve Processes: Leverage project management skills to design new processes to support greater operational efficiency for staff and yield a better experience for clients/participants
- Identify and Implement New Tools: Design and implement roll out of tools to support collaboration among the team
- Accountability: Work with internal team to support organizational goals
Team Engagement (15%)
- Team Activities: Participate in regular retreats, weekly team meetings, etc. Contribute to board meetings, presentations, community events, and convenings
- Internal Work: Engage in ongoing internal work around building a race equity culture; Push the organization to live into our values and our desired impact
- Staff Development: Share knowledge and mentor people across the organization
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to manage programs and work collaboratively with our staff, consultants, and partners. This role provides responsibility and independence for individuals to determine how and when to complete their work.
What we are looking for:
- You have 3+ years of work experience, including experience managing projects from end to end, with attention to detail;
- You have experience with meeting facilitation, training or consulting.
- You can manage virtual and digital facilitation tools, such as Jamboard, Menti, Zoom breakout rooms and others, as identified.
- You can juggle multiple projects at one time and plan out work accordingly.
- You are a relationship builder working with people at all levels in organizations.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator, with experience preparing information that is communicated externally.
- You don’t have all the answers, but are willing to figure things out.
- You bring integrity, humility, resilience, and passion for ProInspire’s mission.
- You authentically dive into work about the role that identity and race plays inside organizations, and are able to speak from your lived experience.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to expand our impact.
- You are able to work independently and maintain productivity with colleagues and stakeholders in different locations.
- You are responsive, attending to relationships with clients and your teammates.
- You are proactive in thinking through what is needed to achieve project goals.
- Bonus points if you have skills in using Salesforce, Asana and Slack.
We encourage you to apply by July 1.
What you will gain from this role:
- Impact: You’ll have the opportunity to advance leadership, equity and inclusion in the social sector. You will see the impact you have on individuals and organizations through their engagement in our programs.
- Build on your Strengths: You will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths to deepen skills and to shape your own career path with support from colleagues.
- Learning: You will continuously be learning as you support your colleagues and partners and through your own professional development.
- Visibility: You will have the opportunity to represent the organization with partners, build relationships, and expand your network.
- Collaboration and Shared Responsibility: You will have shared responsibility for implementation of specific projects and autonomy to figure out how to approach your work.
Why should you work with us
At ProInspire, we believe that people are the most important asset to delivering our mission and we strive to make ProInspire a great, collaborative place to work. We are a small team that believes in flexibility, autonomy, and trust to achieve our goals.
All full-time staff members at ProInspire receive:
- Flexible hours (typically 35-50 hours per week): Because we are committed to authenticity and balance, employees are free to work when they want, as long as they meet their objectives.
- Unlimited vacation time and working remotely: You will have the ability to manage your schedule, including working from home and taking unlimited vacation time.
- Robust health benefits package and a professional development budget
- Starting salary for the first year Manager ranges from $60-70k.
- Please note that our organization is currently undergoing a compensation study to assess equitable pay ranges and make any adjustments if needed.
We have robust benefits including:
Focus on Wellbeing
- Unlimited PTO: Minimum 20 days expected, includes vacation, sick, mental health, family care, etc.
- Org-Wide Holidays and Digital Detox Windows: Total of 20 days (10 Holidays and 2 Detox Windows of 5 days each) to support everyone with fully disconnecting
- Flexible Work Schedules: Includes options for structuring work week/days, space for learning/collaboration
- Robust Health Benefits with 90% of individual premium covered
- Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Wellness Fund (with additional telework benefit for 2021)
- 401k Enrollment with organizational contribution
- Benchmarked Compensation with Annual Opportunities for Increases
Support to Do Jobs Well and Grow
- Professional Development Fund: $1,000/FTE/year
- Laptop Reimbursement Fund
- Access to/Participation in Trainings and Conferences
- Opportunity to Engage in Projects Aligned to Personal/Professional Goals
Work travel may be required for delivering programs, conferences, and meetings when that is safe. We expect, on average, 1-2 trips per month. There are also occasional events during non-standard business hours.
The ideal start date is September 2021, with some flexibility
This is a remote position, employees work from home and we have a budget to support shared office space as needed. We expect regular in-person team gatherings starting in 2022 (bi-monthly or quarterly) to support in-person teamwork and collaboration.
When applying, please attach a copy of your resume AND a cover letter.