Business Intelligence Analyst
- Downtown Long Beach, Long Beach, CA, United States
ProGroupX is a data-focused marketing technology company specializing in the recruitment industry. Our proprietary technology matches the 200 million job applicants in our database with the employment they are seeking. We also operate a portfolio of consumer brands on the web. Leveraging our email expertise with hundreds of millions of data profiles, our results-driven AI matches customers with the brands they seek.
The Business Intelligence Analyst has a high technical aptitude coupled with strong business acumen. The ideal Business Intelligence Analyst will translate business questions into analytics and effectively communicate the results. The successful candidate is a self-starter and takes initiative to leverage the vast data available to PGX in order to improve the business.
- Work with the Product, Data, Email, and Business Development teams to increase efficiency and monetization by better utilizing business intelligence
- Develop a deep understanding of all data sets that PGX has at its disposal
- Understand and advocate for efficient use of data for maximum monetization while maintaining quality business operations
- Deep understanding of processes, ability to develop and document complex business processes involving abstract concepts and disconnected data sources
- Implement industry leading Business Intelligence tools for Product Management & Executive teams
- Utilize automation tools to streamline complex tasks
- Report on and present company performance to team on a weekly basis
High technical aptitude
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management, Finance, or Mathematics. In lieu of degree, 3+ years of professional experience
Proficiency in mySQL or similar
Advanced Excel proficiency
Experience managing Tableau or similar BI platform
Ability to solve problems and ask probing questions until most efficient result is found
Strong familiarity in creating clear flow charts
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Effective self-management skills, specifically, the ability to multitask and prioritize
Adaptability to constantly evolving data, processes, and demands
Experience with Google BigQuery and Cloud Storage (nice to have)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.