- Hours Type: School Residential Days
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary £28,000 - £36,000 per annum – (dependent on qualification and experience)
- Permanent Contract
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Level 3 Residential Childcare Qualification or equivalent is required
- One Location (Newbury, RG18 9NU)
- Car owner/driver required
Our Team Managers are inspiring leaders who ensure best practice is being followed by their team members to ensure the best possible outcomes for the young people with complex autism we support.
In conjunction with the Residential team, our Team Mangers are responsible for the day to day organisation of a team of Autism Practitioners in our residential homes. Role modelling outstanding working practices, our Team Managers ensure the health and wellbeing of the young people in the home.
Using your experience and knowledge of complex autism and/or learning disabilities care, you will support others to deliver excellent outcomes for young people, enabling them to lead fulfilling and purposeful lives.
- Line manage, coach and mentor a team of Autism Practitioners
- Support the recruitment and induction process as necessary
- Manage staff attendance including sickness and other absence
- Manage staff performance including monthly check-in's, conduct, performance improvement, staff risk assessments and development plans
- Ensure the use of autism friendly strategies (Prior Approach) to provide learning & wellbeing support to young people
- Understand and support others to understand and implement young people’s This Is Me plans
- Carry out personal care for young people in line with their This Is Me plans
- Ensure Safeguarding procedures are followed keeping young people safe from risk of harm and/or abuse
- Ensure that young people’s health needs are met including medication administration
- Ensure regular contact is maintained with young people’s parents and key stakeholders
- Undertake Key Worker responsibilities for assigned young people
You will be expected to work Early and Late shifts across a 7 day week – 37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Early Shift (7.00 AM – 16.00 PM) Late Shift (14.00 – 22.00 PM)
- 33 days annual leave, including Bank Holidays
- Company pension (Combined 8% contributions – Employer 5%, Employee 3%)
- Employee Recognition Schemes, including an annual staff awards programme and Long Service Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to our full Flexible Benefits package including the option of dental insurance, private medical insurance, critical illness, increased life insurance, partner life insurance self-funded health cash plan and many others
Prior's Court was set up by Founding Patron Dame Stephanie Shirley, whose vision of a centre of excellence for children with autism became reality with the opening of Prior's Court School in 1999. We have since grown to support around 80 young people with autism aged between 5-25 years with the opening of Prior's Court Young Adult Provision in 2011.
Since opening, our support team has grown from around 20 to 500 and we have built a reputation as a leading edge educational, vocational, and residential facility for young people with autism. We are situated on 50 acres of parkland with various facilities including accommodation for our young people, a school with a wide range of facilities and offices
Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
All positions at the school are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and receipt of the appropriate Right to Work documents. Prior’s Court Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Prior’s Court is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek and embrace differences in thinking, experience, ethnicity, age, gender, faith, personalities and styles.
The different skills, experiences and backgrounds our employees bring to their roles create a workforce as diverse and individual as the young people we support and makes Prior’s Court a special place to work.
We strive for an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, engaged and supported to make a difference.