Senior Software Engineer (Back End/Full Stack)
Primera MFBank, your partner for growth, is a fully licensed technology-driven finance platform that offers financial solutions to businesses and individuals. Anchored by a strong balance sheet and an experienced, hands-on management team, we enhance financial inclusion by offering suite of financial services to meet the needs of clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Back End/Full Stack)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Reports to: Head, Technology
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs (Web and Mobile Applications).
- Testing and evaluating new programs.
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
- Writing and implementing efficient code.
- Analyse user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market.
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
- Be a part of a small, close knit and Agile team working on a wide range of activities to get a new business and products up and running
- B.Sc in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a Back End Software Engineer.
- Proven work experience as a Mobile, core banking applications and RPA developer preferably in the FINTEC space is mandatory
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Should be ready to transition into IOS
- Experience as a front-end, UI/UX developer
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Organize information
- Strong knowledge of banking operations
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Pay attention to details
- Team player
- Honest, proactive and hardworking
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills