Software Development Engineer - Robots
- 2650 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Prime is a Denver based robotics company serving the logistics, manufacturing and retail industries. We have successfully completed our first Beta sites in the US and have proven out our systems. We are restarting to scale the company to meet the insatiable need in the market for logistics robots like ours. Currently we make mobile robots, but will also be developing a robot arm and other complimentary products with the goal to have all the pieces needed for a lights-out warehouse. It is very satisfying to make a product that has such a positive impact on our customers. This is a great chance to get in on the ground floor of a rising star in a booming industry.
We are seeking to build up our Denver technical team. You will be designing and developing backend services using Java, REST services and Docker. While most of the software team is in China, you will be the first member of the applications team here in Denver. As such you will quickly learn our framework and contribute to development of our Robot Control System and supporting applications largely in Java. As the first member of the java team in the US you will also contribute to resolving support issues as we perfect the system with more and more real World experience
- Take ownership and responsibility to finish the projects and issues assigned to you with minimal help from others on the team.
- Develop services, algorithms and interfaces for our next generation Robot Control system
- Maintenance on back end systems and database tables to resolve support issues or enhance current functionality
- Design and implement restful APIs
- If capable, design ML functions to improve performance of our robot systems
- Help improve our CI/CD practice
- Contribute to 2nd level support issues as needed by US customers
- Be available for off-hours calls with your colleagues in other countries
- Strong knowledge and 5+ years hands-on experience on Java
- Good understanding of SQL and distributed databases and their performance tuning
- Experience in the following areas
- Java 8 and or above
- Spring framework , Spring boot
- Micro-Services ( RESTFul WebServices)
- Container technologies like Docker
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and technologies
- C++ or Python programming experience a plus
- Deep experience in overall system design and implementation — how they scale, how they should fit together, and how they're likely to break.
- Minimum 5 years as a software developerStrong communication and collaboration skills.
- Individual should possess a Bachelor's degree in Computing , Information Technology or other relevant field (physical science , mathematics)
- Smart and results oriented
- Positive attitude
- Experience with algorithm development a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Time zone flexibility to work with your peers in China is necessary.
We are seeking someone in Denver or with solid plans to move here. We cannot offer relocation assistance.