Senior Mechanical Engineer - Robotics
- 2650 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80205, USA
The future is robotics and Prime is the leading robotics company in Colorado. We are currently moving on from our first generation of robots and getting more sophisticated with every iteration. This year we will be bringing autonomous driving SLAM technology into our innovative family of robots. This will be Prime's break out year. Join and be part of the excitement!
Design state of the art robots that deliver huge economic benefits to our customers. You will design the mechanical and electrical structures of robots that perform a variety of functions. This year we will be designing a robotic forklift that can drive into trucks to lift pallets and bring them out. This will require an innovating suspension mechanism that can keep a solid footing as it moves across loading ramps.
-Work closely with other engineering disciplines (i.e. manufacturing, electrical, software, and systems engineering) to ensure the mechanical design is appropriate for the project/product design approach.
-Design mechanical structures in SolidWorks with an eye towards manufacturability and maintainability
- Design cable layout and wire harnesses for rugged environments
- Design suspensions that minimize wheel slippage
- Perform Cost engineering to make our robots more affordable and competitive in the market
- Work with vendors to help us move sourcing for most parts from China back to America.
Our next generation robot, the AutoShelf, will sell 1 million units within 5 years. Be part of creating an icon.
- MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or an appropriate discipline in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- At least 3 years of experience developing robots or industrial vehicles
- Experience with SolidWorks (3D) and AutoCAD (2D)
- Understanding of metallurgy and able to evaluate the stresses and deformation forces on parts
- An eye for attractive industrial design a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Participation in the on-call schedule is required. There may be travel required for up to 2 weeks at a time during an implementation. Flexibility to work in off hours in order to coordinate with the China team is desired.