Software Architect - Robotics
- 2650 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Prime Robotics designs and builds robots for the logistics and manufacturing industries. We have gotten traction with our first generation robots and our recently released second generation look to take off as well. We are building up our engineering team in Denver to meet the demands of our fast growing business.
We are seeking a hands-on architect who is comfortable coding as well as drawing diagrams and mentoring other developers. You will work on software for controlling actions on the robots, as well as the back office applications that comprise the total system/solution. We are looking to redesign our control systems with a micro service architecture and build in a workflow engine. You will work with our engineering teams in China and Denver to realize your designs. We are seeking someone with a passion for robots who can set a high standard for software quality in the organization. You will find that this is an exciting and rewarding career path.
- Document our current architecture and identify priorities to make the system more scalable and flexible
- Plan the migration of our control applications into a modern Kubernetes framework
- Design APIs and strengthen the boundaries between
- Investigate new technologies/tools and their implementation in our products, providing relevant ideas and suggestions
- Recommend solutions to current architectural challenges
- Design innovative systems to achieve new breakthroughs in existing system software and embedded software
- Eight (8) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 3 or more years of experience in guiding architecture for a development team.
- Strong Java skills
- Existing experience with container runtimes and container management systems such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Ability to work with wide variety of programing languages such as .Net and Python.
- Real-world experience providing technical leadership on Agile software development projects
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST based APIs.
- Experience establishing Dev/Ops practices
- Strong database design skills
- Ability to function well when working in somewhat ambiguous situations that exist in startups
- Strong, effective communication skills as to bring multiple personalities and cultures together to work towards a common goal
Nice to Have:
- C++, C#, Windows development
- Establish a DevOps development environment
- Warehouse or Logistics experience
- Familarity with BigData, such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Storm, etc.
- Chinese language skills a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Time zone flexibility to work with your peers in China is necessary.