Consultant Cost Engineer
- 2650 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Prime Robotics designs and builds robots for warehouses and factories. The first version of our warehouse robots reduces warehouse operating expenses by 70%, and we just introduced an entirely new robotics platform that makes inventory autonomous.
We began our production of robots in China, and now we are building up our production in Denver. By the end of Q1 2021, we expect to source 95% of our robot parts from the US and complete 100% of our robot assembly in Denver.
1. Revise mechanical and electrical design of automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) in order to reduce production costs (for custom parts) and purchasing costs (for off-the-shelf parts). We are looking to reduce the COGS for the robots by 15-20%.
2. Provide recommendations on design revisions that could decrease assembly time and/or complexity.
3. Recommend economical American steel and aluminum alloys suitable to replace the Chinese alloys used for design and prototyping.
4. Revise mechanical design of AGVs in order to reduce lead time for custom casted or CNC parts, if possible.
5. Experience in modifying CNC designs for casting is a plus.
We are interested in hiring a Consultant Cost Engineer for 3-5 consulting projects per year, following the design of each of our new robot models, prior to prototyping. Ideally, we are looking to reduce our parts cost by 15-20% per model.
We expect to need the above services once per robot design. We have three existing robot designs that will need to go through value engineering, and we expect to design between 3 and 5 new models in the next year.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.