Robotics SLAM Team Leader
- 2650 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Prime Robotics designs and builds robots for the logistics and manufacturing industries. We have gotten traction with our first generation robots and our recently released second generation look to take off as well. We are looking to build our first engineering team here in Denver and are looking for the leader who can build out the team. If you love building robots, you want to join this team. We are revolutionizing an industry and will be building millions of the robots you and your colleagues will be developing in the next couple years.
Play a key role in Prime's next generation logistics robots. You will build up our SLAM team, including mechanical, electrical and software. You will integrate the octomap, Google Cartographer with our first generation Robot Control System. Your first task will be to take our first two robot models, the Mobile Shelf and Auto Shelf, and bring SLAM to them. Your team will work closely with the original R&D team back in Shenzhen, China that will still be very much involved in the things you do.
- Phd from a top robotics program
- Enjoy start up life and benefits. Much of your extended team will be in China and Eastern Europe so flexibility to have meetings and calls at any hour a must
- Experience pulling together multidisciplinary teams to build SLAM robots.
- Experience evaluating different sensors and hardware platforms with an understanding of designing to manufacture.
- Experience deploying path planning algorithms like A*, D*, Fast March
- Strong understanding of ROS
- Strong project management and delegation skills
- Experience programming in OpenCV
- GPU programming experience (CUDA/OpenCL).
- Experience with image-space algorithms such as segmentation, optical flow, scene flow, and image decomposition.
- Publications in robotics and computer vision conferences and journals.
- Experience working on DARPA projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Flexibility to work with your peers in China is necessary.