Computer Navigation Scientist (SLAM)
- 2650 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO, United States
Prime Robotics designs and builds robots for the logistics and manufacturing industries. We are a dynamic, entrpreneurial company. This inudstry is new and the key to our success is to move fast and be creative. Our robots cut operating expenses for warehouses by 80%, which means we add enormous value for our customers. We are designing our second generation robots now that will revolutionize the logistics industry. We will have a huge impact on society and achieve great things that we can be proud of for the rest of our careers.
Play a key role in Prime's next generation logistics robots. You will lead key research into various navigation techniques for our new robot models and work with our engineering teams in China to bring the products to life. You will experiment wtih various approaches from LiDar to stereo vision to indoor GPS and others to determine the best balance of accuracy, development time and manufacturing costs.
- Proven experience in computer vision.
- M.S. or PhD in Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics or similar fields.
- Strong mathematics skills.
- Excellent C++ programming skills including debugging, performance analysis, and test design.
- Familiarity with SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and calibration.
- Familiarity with path planning algorithms such as A* and D*
- Experienced with Matlab or similar tool
- Familiarity with recent machine learning tools and algorithms applied to computer vision problems.Familiarity with simulation tools such as Gazebo
- Familiarity with mathematical optimization in the context of computer vision.
- Experience using sensors such as cameras, LIDAR, radar, sonar, GPS, IMU, etc.
- GPU programming experience (CUDA/OpenCL).
- Experience with image-space algorithms such as segmentation, optical flow, scene flow, and image decomposition.
- Publications in robotics and computer vision conferences and journals.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Flexibility to work with your peers in China will