IT Support Technician
- New Windsor, NY 12553, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously –
The IT Support Technician Provides on-site troubleshooting, training and tech support for end users for equipment and services provided by IT. The Technician will respond to associate service calls and tickets to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems and taking necessary steps to resolve those problems.
* Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Win 10/ Server, MS Office, and other Microsoft Family products. Knowledge of a wide range of Laptop systems software’s and application.
* Candidate should possess a strong knowledge of networking, Windows registry, and user administration. Knowledge of Windows servers a plus.
* Hardware Troubleshooting - Laptops, Monitors, External Devices, Desktops, Mobile Devices, Copiers/Printers, etc.
* Active Directory knowledge – Resetting passwords, checking user groups Mobile Device account troubleshooting
* Must be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
* Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
* Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for answering, resolving, and documenting issues either on the phone or during a desk side visit.
* Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers, mobile devices, and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners. Set up and deploy new workstations: operating system installs, application installations, configuration, and testing.
* Employ remote tools to assist clients at other locations
* Perform imaging and configuration of desktops/laptops/tablets/smartphones
* Familiar with a variety of IT best practices, concepts, and procedures
* Supports mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and Androids.
* Utilize knowledge base to resolve user issues
* Troubleshoot Software's Applications installs and functionality.
* Provide support for wireless devices and tablets, including iPhones/iPads and Blackberries.
* Managing Users and Computers through Active Directory.
* Performs troubleshooting of supported desktop operating systems and applications.
* Provides daily written updates on status of current tickets, open issues, and projects.
* Maintain asset tracking documentation and inventories and dispose of equipment as warranted.
* Perform imaging and configuration of desktops/laptops/tablets.
* Follow up with users to ensure problems were resolved successfully.
* Maintain a strong focus on the quality of service delivered, taking a customer care’ perspective.
* Performs Preventative Maintenance and install upgrades
* Work closely with the team on work process changes to increase efficiency and quality of services provided.
* Order and receive inventory equipment and software.
* Ability to analyze and troubleshoot any technical problems. Ability to listen well and translate the needs of the associates.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Work in a collaborative team environment with internal and external communities to improve overall customer service and support.
* Work with manager to review User Feedback and undertake corrective actions as agreed.
* This position requires a minimum formal education of Associate Degree or certification equivalent and a minimum of 3 years job-related experience.
* Experience with Windows 10, Windows Server, MS Office and other office productivity applications. Professional certificates: A+
· Windows 10 and Apps 3+ years
· Associate (Preferred)
· Active Directory 2+ years
· Android and IOS 1+ years
On site support, Travel: few times a year within 4 hours(could change), Salary based position, possible more then 40 hours a week, On call rotation
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: 49K - 53K DOE
- · 9 Paid Holidays
- · Accrued Vacation Time
- · Sick Time
- · 401K Plan with company match
- · Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.