Gas Meter Mechanic
- Woodbridge, VA 22191, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
This position will be in the Northern VA area.
Installs and removes gas meters, meter settings, and regulators; inspects and tests service and house lines for leaks. Uses test instruments as required to install, service, and adjust all gas appliances. Investigates gas service inquiries, such as no gas, leaks, gas odor, blowing gas, fires, explosions, and high bills.
- Journeyman Plumbing license or apprentice exp.
- Gas Fitting Experience
- Plumbing Experience
- Job requires working in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls.
- This position is subject to DOT Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan (AMPP) regulations. Candidates who have demonstrated the strongest qualifications through their resume and selection criteria will be contacted.
- Successful candidate must complete Service Dept. training program and be able to pass applicable Service Tech test.
- Must have the ability to understand and apply mechanical principles and demonstrated skills in the use of hand tools. Experience reading/interpreting gauges and dials is preferred. Gas appliances relights is strongly recommended.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in providing extraordinary customer service, particularly in situations where tact and diplomacy are needed.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow through on assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively under changing priorities and conditions.
- Must be able to prepare legible, complete, and accurate orders.
- Must be able to understand oral and written communications.
- Must have a valid drivers license and a safe driving record.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
- Must complete and pass a pre‐employment drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. 401k Match, Accrued Vacation Time, Sick Time, EAP, and 9 Paid Holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.