Entry-Level Corrosion Technician
- The Bronx, NY, USA
With Precision Pipeline Solutions you’ll be working for one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in natural gas and electric utility contracting industry. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem-solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
- Perform periodic facility inspections and surveys on utility-owned gas meters
- Complete all necessary documentation
- Ensure readings and records are in compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Support the successful completion of regulatory audits and inspections
- Integrity surveys, which include direct assessments and close interval surveys
- Perform audit reviews with operations and support them during audits.
- Internal corrosion assessment and mitigation as required
- This position is primarily a field position and requires the physical capability of traversing terrain on foot when required, with occasionally carrying heavy loads of up to 30lbs in a field environment with the ability to conduct inspections in all terrains and weather.
- Absorb, adapt and execute additional responsibilities commensurate to the position as requested by supervisor or required by other management decisions
- The successful candidate is expected to attend training courses o stay current on integrity evaluation methods and technology and actively participate in the continuing development and improvement of the corrosion program.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previously obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have basic to intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Office Applications, (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc..).
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and initiative skills
- Be able to work in both a team setting and as an individual with minimal supervision
- Interface with technical services, government agencies, emergency planning committees, emergency responders, landowners, contractors, etc...
- Demonstrate an intermediate knowledge of mathematics, algebra, and mechanical aptitude.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license with the ability to obtain Department of Transportation (DOT) certification is required
- Flexible hours (set schedules) may vary from 7am-3pm and or 10am-6pm / 11am-7pm - Monday through Friday with overtime available on Saturdays and or Tuesday through Saturday with overtime available on Monday
- All overtime is offered on an as needed basis
- Flexible work area / work scope requires employees to be able to commute to and work in all boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Westchester, and the Bronx)
** Work scope requires employees to work in both commercial and residential locations on a daily basis - may have to enter customers homes to complete work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.