Meter Service Mechanic
- York, PA, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
This position may be in York, PA or Greencastle, PA.
Move gas meters outside, re-pipe meters already outside after service replacement, safety checks on interior piping and relight customer appliances. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
- Job requires working in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls.
- Plumber Certification Preferred
- Gas Service Inside piping experience with Meter move outs a plus.
- Experience reading/interpreting gauges and dials is preferred. Gas appliances relights is strongly recommended.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in providing extraordinary customer service, particularly in situations where tact and diplomacy are needed.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow through on assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Must be able to understand oral and written communications.
- Must have a valid drivers license and a safe driving record.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program.
- This position is subject to DOT Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan (AMPP) regulations. Candidates who have demonstrated the strongest qualifications through their resume and selection criteria will be contacted.
- Successful candidate must complete Service Dept. training program and be able to pass applicable Service Tech test.
Job Type: Full-time
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401k with company match, accrued vacation time, and 9 paid holidays.
- Plumbing Experience: 1 year
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.