Field Inspector Tester Technician
- Binghamton, NY, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
This is a full-time, permanent position conducting visual inspections and stray voltage tests on electric distribution and transmission structures throughout the NYSEG NYS territory. PPS offers a competitive salary, medical coverage options, paid sick, holiday, and vacation time, as well as a generous 401K plan. Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), all required field equipment, Toughbooks, and navigation devices are provided. Training is provided on Toughbook use and all other job requirements.
Schedule is Monday thru Friday, 7am – 4pm, with extended hours available during the spring and summer months. Requires travel throughout specific NYSEG divisions and some overnight travel may be required. Hotel accommodations and daily per diem are provided. Gas, mileage, and tolls are compensated for the initial 2-month training period, with a company vehicle available thereafter.
Essential Job Functions:
- Locate appropriate structure using Toughbook information.
- Conduct thorough and accurate visual inspection and stray voltage test using established criteria.
- Accurately record inspection and test results in the Toughbook.
- Adhere to all safety standards as defined by PPS Safety Standards and Procedures.
- Perform all tasks safely, accurately, and with professional integrity.
- Adhere to PPS dress code.
- 1-year field experience with an electric or communication provider, utility or sub-contractor, or equivalent educational experience; i.e. Lineman course study.
- Ability to walk 1-5 miles daily in all types of weather, both on and off road
- Possess valid driver license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to interact with professionalism and respect to client representatives, the general public, and PPS team members.
- Personal transportation available to and from job site required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
Job Type: Full-time
Employee Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. 401k Match, Accrued Vacation Time, EAP, and 9 Paid Holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.