Electric Field Technician- Inspection and Testing
- Newburgh, NY 12550, USA
Electric Field Technician – Inspection & Testing
Hours per week: 40-50
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS), with our corporate office located in New Windsor, NY, is one of the nation’s fastest growing private companies in the natural gas and electric utility contracting industries. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of single source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation of providing the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
This is a full-time entry level position and all required training, Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), test equipment, and navigation devices are provided. PPS offers a competitive salary, medical coverage options, paid sick days, holiday, and vacation time, as well as a generous 401K plan. All details will be covered during our interview.
Schedule is Monday thru Friday 7am – 4pm, 8.5 hours per day. Requires travel throughout Central Hudson and Orange & Rockland (NY) service territories. Gas, mileage, and tolls are compensated for first 3 months, with a company vehicle possible thereafter.
Essential Job Functions:
· Locate appropriate structure using Android tablet with Google Maps and any available Client issued Plate maps.
· Test for Stray Voltage and perform visual Inspection in accordance with Client specifications.
· Accurately record all survey results on tablet.
· Perform all tasks accurately and with professional integrity.
· Adhere to safety standards as defined by PPS safety standards and procedures.
· Safely and accurately investigate any positive stray findings.
· Polite and professional interactions with client representatives and the general public.
· Adhere to PPS dress code.
· Must have the ability to walk 1-5 miles daily.
· Willingness to learn Electric Distribution system – equipment and purpose.
· Willingness to work in all types of weather.
· Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
· Possess the ability to read a map.
- Must have the ability to walk 1-5 miles daily.
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Possess the ability to read a map and use basic tablet/phone technology
- Effective Communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must like working outdoors in various types of weather and terrain, such as, wooded, urban, rural, and unmaintained right of ways.
This is a great entry level opportunity with tremendous growth potential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401k with company match, accrued vacation time, and 9 paid holidays.
Hours p/Week: 40-50 hrs