Corrosion Coatings Technician
- New York, NY, USA
With Precision Pipeline Solutions you’ll be working for one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in natural gas and electric utility contracting industry. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem-solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
· Work from non-complex blueprints, specifications, work sheets, dimensions, color codes, mixing charts, tables, verbal and written instruction/information.
· Prepare, match colors and mix standard and other primers, paints and coatings to proper consistency and viscosity, using thinners, solvents, additives and agitators as required. Select pressures, nozzles.
· Prepare and clean items and surfaces to be finished. Including abrasive blasting. Familiar with Empire sandblasters. Must also be able to mask, plug, block finished, machined, or specified surfaces not to be coated.
· Uniformly apply wet primers, paints, and wet or dry coatings to parts and components and other items using care to avoid over spraying/coating and to obtain a smooth, covered and even surface free form runs and thin spots. Repeat operations as necessary to obtain desired effect or thickness of media. Be familiar with Graco Airless Sprayers.
· Visually and mechanically check finished items for pin holes, runs, bare spots, proper coverage. Refinish and touch up as required.
· Ensure the proper movement of finished goods to inspection or shipping area; cleaning and maintenance of spray application equipment, booths, filters, protective clothing, and equipment according to established practices. Ensure needed painting and coating supplies are on hand.
· Most work is Monday through Friday 8 hrs per day with overtime required. Must be able to travel overnight Mondays Thru Fridays when needed.
· While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to temperature ranges from 20 to 95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges. The employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse elements/odors to the extent of being disagreeable. The noise level in the work environment is somewhat loud. PPE is provided to mitigate any dangerous condition.
· Be able to handle outside work year-round and be comfortable wearing all Personal Protective Equipment. Including full face respirators, sandblasting helmets, blasting suits and Tyvek coveralls.
· Ability to read and interpret documents written in English. Documents to include written work instructions, product data sheets, standard operating and maintenance procedures, safety rules. Must be able to communicate effectively with immediate supervisor.
Experience is preferred but not required.
Full time with Health Benefits, Retirement Plan with company match, Vacation time, Sick time, and 9 Paid Holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.