Stray Voltage Technician
- New York, NY, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
This is a full-time position and all required training, Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), test equipment, and navigation devices are provided. PPS offers a competitive salary, medical coverage options, paid sick, holiday, and vacation time, as well as a generous 401K plan. All details will be covered during our interview.
Schedule is Monday thru Friday – occasional Saturday overtime may be requested – 7am – 4pm, 8.5 hours per day. Requires travel to all 5 NYC boroughs. Vehicle required for at least the first 3 months, with a company vehicle possible thereafter. Gas, mileage, and tolls are compensated.
Essential Job Functions:
· Locate Manhole (MH) using Android tablet with Google Maps and paper M&S plate.
· Test MH for Stray Voltage, record results on tablet, and mark with spray paint.
· Perform all tasks accurately and with professional integrity.
· Adhere to safety standards as defined by PPS safety standards and procedures.
· Safely and accurately investigate any positive stray findings.
· Polite and professional interactions with client representatives and the general public.
· Adhere to PPS dress code.
· Must have the ability to walk 1-5 miles daily.
· Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
· Possess the ability to read a map.
• Ability to act with integrity and respect of personal or public property.
• Ability to work in all types of weather.
• Ability to report to job-site daily and travel to a new location upon request at any time throughout local PPS service territories. (mileage plan reimbursement)
- Personal transportation available to and from job site.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, bend and pull.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401k with company match, accrued vacation time, and 9 paid holidays.
Hours p/Week: 40-50 hrs