Electric Field Technician
- New Windsor, NY 12553, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
This is a full-time entry level position and all required training, Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), test equipment, and navigation devices are provided. PPS offers a competitive salary, medical coverage options, paid sick days, holiday, and vacation time, as well as a generous 401K plan. All details will be covered during our interview.
Schedule is Monday thru Friday 7am – 4pm, 8.5 hours per day. Requires travel throughout Central Hudson and Orange & Rockland (NY) service territories. Gas, mileage, and tolls are compensated for first 3 months, with a company vehicle possible thereafter.
Essential Job Functions:
- Locate appropriate structure using Android tablet with Google Maps and any available Client issued Plate maps.
- Test for Stray Voltage and perform visual Inspection in accordance with Client specifications.
- Accurately record all survey results on tablet.
- Perform all tasks accurately and with professional integrity.
- Adhere to safety standards as defined by PPS safety standards and procedures. Safely and accurately investigate any positive stray findings.
- Polite and professional interactions with client representatives and the general public.
- Adhere to PPS dress code.
- · Must have the ability to walk 1-5 miles daily.
- · Willingness to learn Electric Distribution system – equipment and purpose.
- · Willingness to work in all types of weather.
- · Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- · Possess the ability to read a map.
- • Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- • Personal transportation available to and from job site.
- • Valid Driver's License.
- • Must be able to lift 10 pounds
- •Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- •Retirement (401k) Benefits
- •Accrued Vacation Time
- •9 Paid Holidays
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.