Gas Leak Survey Technician
- New Windsor, NY 12553, USA
With Precision Pipeline Solutions you’ll be working for one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in natural gas and electric utility contracting industry. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem-solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
The Leak Survey program entails employees searching for subsurface leaks on natural gas services and mains throughout the client distribution system. We specialize in the use of various leak survey devices to detect natural gas particles, both below grade and in atmosphere. These devices work on the basis that natural gas is lighter than air and will rise through ground to the surface. Our technicians are tasked with detecting the presence of and evaluating the severity of natural gas leaks. Leaks found are documented and reported to our clients to be scheduled for repair. We perform various preventative maintenance tasks for our clients as well through corrosion and safety standards inspections. Our primary goal is to detect issues before they become a hazard and threaten life and property.
Essential Job Functions:
· Detecting and evaluating leaks on natural gas systems
· Adhere to safety standards as defined by PPS’s safety standards and procedures
· Polite and professional interactions with the public and clients
· Reading and understanding utility maps and schematics
· Using computers and devices to record data
· Ability to read and interpret maps
· Ability to act with integrity and respect of personal or public property
· Ability to work in all types of weather
· Ability to report to jobsite daily and travel to a new location upon request at any time throughout local PPS service territories
· Ability to walk between 3 to 5 miles per day
Full time with Health Benefits, Retirement Plan, Vacation time, and 9 Paid Holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.